Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

Rosseau -> Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/8/2021 12:13:06 AM)

IMHO, WWP just doesn't have the sweeping feel of the European campaign and desperately needs some mods to make the purchase worthwhile, for me anyway. I bought on release but have shelved it for now.

This is certainly not a reflection on Alvaro, and in fact, I would buy the game again if only to support him. Beyond that, I purchased because it has an excellent editor, but have been too lazy to come up with something grand!

I have an excuse - I am old - but am disappointed no one has even come up with a smaller scenario based on the British in Burma, for example.

So my hope is that more scenario modders will fill the ranks and do something with this title.

Meanwhile, I will lurk and wish the dev the best. I have to admit though, it hasn't lit my fire. But then, at my age, few things do. [;)]

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/10/2021 4:08:09 PM)

Understandable. Not many games light my fire these days. It's not because they are bad, it's just because I have done that so many times.

I played Baldur's Gate when I was younger. Loved D&D RPGs. I got them again to play and I couldn't even get past the first scene. Great game, just not interested anymore.

berto -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/11/2021 3:27:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

... disappointed no one has even come up with a smaller scenario based on the British in Burma, for example.

So my hope is that more scenario modders will fill the ranks and do something with this title.

Smaller scenarios a la Order of Battle -- these would really grab my interest.

stjeand -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/11/2021 1:41:20 PM)

Well I guess that is a personal preference.

I have not found the "smaller" scenarios of any fun or interest.
BUT that is me.

CrackingShow -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/11/2021 5:03:53 PM)

I don't think the smaller scenarios work well in WPP or WPE. The game turns are quick enough for a full campaign to not be a significant time spend.

This isn't a Gary Grisby or AGEOD game which takes a long time to finish a campaign.

ncc1701e -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/11/2021 6:20:46 PM)

You guys want small scenario. There is something called Beaches of Normandy 1944. Don't know what it is.

[image]local://upfiles/46661/2A8D0F6CE15D464F9040A937115C8129.jpg[/image]

Rosseau -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/13/2021 12:17:34 AM)

How often these days does one post about a game "not lighting one's fire," and the developer commiserates? [;)]

Well, it is all about age, and I bought WitE2 and cannot bring myself to play it.

And yes, ncc1701e, you are right: the game will not benefit from smaller scenarios but from larger ones that play out like a well-wound clock, especially via PBEM.

Thanks for not "hating" on me. This is actually my go-to forum when I need some love. [:)]

Magpius -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/13/2021 3:46:33 AM)

Modifying graphics is one thing, but if there was some comprehensive manual around scenario modding I'd give it a crack.
I'd like to see a scenario on the Kakoda Track battles or Iwo Jima for example.
There are plenty of TOAW (IV) Pacific scenarios, that could inspire for this game.

ncc1701e -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/13/2021 6:08:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

How often these days does one post about a game "not lighting one's fire," and the developer commiserates? [;)]

Well, it is all about age, and I bought WitE2 and cannot bring myself to play it.

And yes, ncc1701e, you are right: the game will not benefit from smaller scenarios but from larger ones that play out like a well-wound clock, especially via PBEM.

Thanks for not "hating" on me. This is actually my go-to forum when I need some love. [:)]

I did not say anything except than it looks like a small scenario is under testing. And you are welcome on the forum.
If you are tired of WITE2, just fires a PBEM on WPE. It is entertaining.

Uxbridge -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/13/2021 9:14:03 AM)

Ah, sorry for this. It's not a small scenario, but the major one cut down to only a few turns. We are using it to try out home rules for the Normandy invasion in my modded campaign, with only the Italian and Western fronts at play. Since we play them rather fast and several within short duration, I placed three invitations at once to save time. Home circumstances have stopped us for a while, however. I will take them down.

It is nice with smaller scenarios, though, and I have made a bunch of them for PBEM-play. Sadly, the way the game is made and despite a huge moddability, it is not possible to make maps in a reasonable space of time. Not yet, anyway.

[image]local://upfiles/10890/7DB649C626CC470AAAA9DD9B50A1BD2E.jpg[/image]

ncc1701e -> RE: Warplan Pacific vs. Europe (7/13/2021 8:27:34 PM)

Thanks for your efforts!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI