zgrssd -> RE: 1.09.00 starving unit nor requesting food (6/19/2021 11:58:23 AM)
I will fix up those links for you via quoting:
First - the game is brilliant, good job!
NOTE: I wanted to post link to save game and few explaining images but the forum does not allow me to add links.
I encountered annoying bug with starving units requesting no supply.
Save game [remove spaces from link]:
Air recon unnits (Sunny) have no food, are starving but they are listed as 100% supplied and are not requesting food or anything (got/requested is 0/0). This location is well connected with SHQ (no problem supplying if requested).
[see attached image]
I noticed following:
These units are actually assigned to Albert Zimmer, which is commander from other major regime...
[remove spaces from link]
Clicking "TO HQ" jumps to foreign city deep inside major regime territory (59,48).
Re-assigning these units to my SHQ does not help, next turn they are under Albert Zimmer again with no supply.
[remove spaces from link]
Assigning to air-OHQ helps, then they start getting supply. But when later unassigned (assigned to SHQ again), they go under Albert Zimmer again.
Raising new air formation (medium helicopter) also ends up being assigned to Alber Zimmer next turn and getting no supply...
There are also 2 militia (115,26 and 0,6) units on map with the same problem (this time assigned to Karl Werner foreign commander). For them re-assigning to my SHQ seemed enough to solve the problem but after some turns they again went under some foreign SHQ.
I will add few observations - few things that are bit annoying/confusing and could be improved:
- please indicate in research target selection which tech is linear - eg. suffix (L) or something
- if council is researching linear tech, please ask periodically (eg each 5 turns) to select new research target, otherwise I forget about it
- most cards simply have no chance to work, and since critical failure ususally brings opposite effect, you actually play opposite cards of what you want to achieve. Not sure if intended but it is too gamey and bit silly.
- to decrease relation I can gift cards
- to increase relation (which I wanted) I can safely play Provoke, usually no chance to work and most likely result is critical failure (relation +10 what I wanted)
Disconnected terriotry/dead faction
- Kleinbach was major regime I did not have war with but was defeated. It has 2 hexes (100,37 and 101,36) inside my territory which I can't occupy though. Which is bit annoying esp. since the faction does not exist anymore. I could probably declare war (if even possible?) but that has negatives, anyway why do I need declare war against nonexisting (0 population) faction.
- in general I would suggest if territory (only player, major and parhaps minor factions) is completely disconnected from any units & cities (empty land surrounded by foreign territory), it should have some timer and after 5 turns or so change owner (if more factions are surrounding it then perhaps by chance depending on how much border each faction has with it).
I have not looked at those savegames, so I am going half blind with my responses. However:
Outside of the current Beta, airunits can only get supplies when directly on the road - the got no organci supply. Maybe it is that one appearing?
Nothing to say on the whole "Foreign leader as commander".
Sounds like a suggestion. You are not the first one to make it and I totally agree.
If the difficulty is impossible, that means the ruling faction does not support it. Get a Secret Service council, send in 6+ spies and then play some support faction to get someone more ameniable into power.
However the Provocation Crit failure should propably be changed to a Word Score or PP loss.