Marine Merge? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

Toby42 -> Marine Merge? (6/19/2021 12:08:46 AM)

I've been playing around with the Solomon Campaign. I've been trying to merge the marine regiments, but can't do it! I thought that it said in the description for this scenario that they could merge?

kennonlightfoot -> RE: Marine Merge? (6/19/2021 1:54:38 PM)

No such thing as Corps level Marines so you can't merge them in the game.

Toby42 -> RE: Marine Merge? (6/19/2021 2:55:20 PM)

In the special rules it states that regiments can be merged to form a brigade. Brigades can merge to form a division? It didn't say anything about excluding the Marines! But it is what it is!!!! Thanks....

kennonlightfoot -> RE: Marine Merge? (6/19/2021 3:43:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Toby42

In the special rules it states that regiments can be merged to form a brigade. Brigades can merge to form a division? It didn't say anything about excluding the Marines! But it is what it is!!!! Thanks....

You can't form anything that isn't in the build menu. So if it doesn't include Corps or Army size units in the build you can't combine other units to make them. There is only one denomination of marine so no other can be made but that one. Like wise, you can't split a unit into smaller units unless those smaller units are also in the build menu. I think there is also a size restriction. Chinese full strength armies can divide into half strength armies but because the half strength army is 15 it can't further subdivide into divisions. Since all full strength armies on their first divide make half strength, there is no way to divide armies into division or divisions back into armies (half or full).

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Marine Merge? (6/19/2021 7:07:30 PM)

Only infantry units can merge not special units.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI