'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

larryfulkerson -> 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/8/2021 10:35:56 PM)

Vietnam Voices: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwmNSjBruk

[image]local://upfiles/16287/4E47299AC9E94D67811BBC49DC4FB786.jpg[/image]

eskuche -> RE: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/8/2021 11:29:56 PM)

Wrong theatre, sir! Demerit.

Steely Glint -> RE: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/11/2021 7:01:04 AM)

Did you really think that was somehow amusing? It wasnít. It made me angry.

larryfulkerson -> RE: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/11/2021 9:23:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint
Did you really think that was somehow amusing? It wasnít. It made me angry.

I remember the scenes at the airport where the Vietnam war protesters were throwing red paint on the soldiers returning from Vietnam and yelling at them things like "baby killer" and so on. I remember wearing my Vietnam era combat boots around in civilian life because by the time I got home from Nam they were "comfortable" and familiar and I suppose I was showing everybody that I wasn't some goddamn war protester, that I had put my life on the line for our country and that now I expected some goddamn respect. And it never happened. It was like my society was saying to me that I was somehow responsible for the war. I remember the rude stares and being something to be avoided. I remember my sweet sister Jeri saying to me in 2019 "thanks for your service" and I remember thinking in my head "way too f..king little and way too f..king late". So I get it that you are angry. But I really think that Eskuche meant nothing offensive. I also think he was never there, incountry. He probably doesn't know what it means to us, deep down, personally. So I'm going to ask you in a very nice way to forgive him and be the bigger person. Let it slide off you like water off a duck. Please, let's get along and work together to make this a friendly helpful forum. But if you really feel like this is the last straw just PM him and remind him that he smells like a used car.
[image]local://upfiles/16287/139915D46C2141FA985CC0BF3B59D962.jpg[/image]

FirstPappy -> RE: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/11/2021 2:22:42 PM)

quote:

I remember ...

Ebony-02 26DEC72

Edorf -> RE: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/11/2021 3:04:17 PM)

What relevance does this have with with the WarPlan Pacific game?
This is random posting with political content and is more suitable in other types of forums or a game forum related to the Vietnam war.

Iím not meaning to offend the OP but just felt the need to reply because of the comments against an earlier poster.

Have a nice day.

larryfulkerson -> RE: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/11/2021 3:16:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Edorf
What relevance does this have with with the WarPlan Pacific game?

Absolutely nothing at all.
quote:

This is random posting with political content and is more suitable in other types of forums or a game forum related to the Vietnam war.

You may be correct. So what?
quote:

Iím not meaning to offend the OP but just felt the need to reply because of the comments against an earlier poster.

just because you didn't mean to doesn't mean you didn't
quote:

Have a nice day.

Thank you very much. The feeling is mutual.

[image]local://upfiles/16287/463105C4952142F8990AFB9E1BB04704.jpg[/image]

Steely Glint -> RE: 'I was so sure I had made it through Vietnam without a scratch.' (6/14/2021 7:19:33 AM)

I have no sense of humor left at all about Vietnam. None.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI