Some More Questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

canuckgamer -> Some More Questions (5/25/2021 5:53:55 AM)

Can carriers that have expended both operational points still conduct an naval air attack on enemy ships that are within 5 hexes or less? I know in pursuit you can still conduct a naval attack but at a reduced strength.

In the PBEM game that I am playing it is basically a stalemate east of Tobruk. However the Axis have left Tripoli ungarrisoned and I can invade it. Since Tobruk and Benghazi are each size 4 ports he could supply 72 strength points although I know it gets more complicated as the distance from the port also comes in to play since there is no rail to the ports. The Axis also hold Malta. Wondering if it is worth taking Tripoli.

Thanks.

ncc1701e -> RE: Some More Questions (5/25/2021 11:04:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

Can carriers that have expended both operational points still conduct an naval air attack on enemy ships that are within 5 hexes or less?

No, this is normally impossible.

quote:

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer
In the PBEM game that I am playing it is basically a stalemate east of Tobruk. However the Axis have left Tripoli ungarrisoned and I can invade it. Since Tobruk and Benghazi are each size 4 ports he could supply 72 strength points although I know it gets more complicated as the distance from the port also comes in to play since there is no rail to the ports. The Axis also hold Malta. Wondering if it is worth taking Tripoli.

Yes, just to deny supply to the Axis from Tripoli.

stjeand -> RE: Some More Questions (5/25/2021 12:55:22 PM)

Plus once you have Tripoli and the US join the war Italy will surrender when you take 6 points of their mainland production / manpower points.
I suspect if they left Tripoli that they are not garrisoning Italy well either...But remember...AFTER the US joins. I am speaking from experience..

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.492188E-02