Fleet oil consumption by nation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Warplan Pacific: Tech Support Forum

eskuche -> Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 4:55:38 AM)

It seems that fleets combined from different nations take oil only from the top unit in the stack. I had Hermes leading a mostly US ~20 ship task force and killed my UK oil reserves.
Probably should be separated by nation? Otherwise could potentially be (accidentally) abused, as I saved the US 30 oil that turn.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 2:10:15 PM)

I'll take a look thanks

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 2:36:15 PM)

I'm going to keep it as is. It shouldn't impact much. Also makes it easier for players if the lead ship pulls the oil from it's own country.

incbob -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 6:29:03 PM)

Then how do you tell what is the "lead" ship?
Can the player do anything to decide what is the lead ship or is it just random?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 6:52:57 PM)

Capital ships go on top.

incbob -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 7:25:42 PM)

Yes, but what Capital ship. If I put the CVL Hermes in a fleet with the CV Yorktown does the game recognize the CV Yorktown as more powerful and the fleet draws oil from the US?
What if I put the CVL Hermes with the BB Arizona? They are both capital ships, where does the oil get drawn from?

eskuche -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 7:43:57 PM)

The exact case for me was that Hermes took the lead over 10 or so other allied capital ships. Itís probably by CV > CVL > BB etc. , then in order of damage, then in order of country per the country list.

incbob -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 7:46:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eskuche

The exact case for me was that Hermes took the lead over 10 or so other allied capital ships. Itís probably by CV > CVL > BB etc. , then in order of damage, then in order of country per the country list.

You are probably right, but given how important oil is this is something we need to know.

eskuche -> RE: Fleet oil consumption by nation (5/23/2021 7:47:10 PM)

It probably doesnít matter in the long run as long as Thailand doesnít magically get a CVL to parade over 19 Japanese large warships. Just thought it was an interesting interaction.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.246094E-02