Design decisions behind removing several WITE1 uses of APs? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

BossGnome -> Design decisions behind removing several WITE1 uses of APs? (5/19/2021 6:13:19 PM)

Title says it all. I saw the thread where players talked about swimming in APs starting in 1942, and it just reminded me that in WITE1 you needed APs to switch divisions around different corps, for example. That seemed a fine and good use of APs to me. I wonder why the devs thought to remove it in WITE2? As it stands yes, APs are a little underwhelming since there's so many of them...

carlkay58 -> RE: Design decisions behind removing several WITE1 uses of APs? (5/19/2021 7:10:49 PM)

There was a problem of scale. You paid 1 AP to switch a division from one command to another. You paid 5 or more APs to switch commanders. The German, Western Allies, and Soviets all switched the command of divisions frequently during the war but commander swaps were rare (in comparison). So to limit the commander swaps it would have been 25+ APs to swap commanders while you still only had 1 AP to swap units - so it was easier to drop the AP costs for air base construction/expansion and unit swaps while maintaining the costs for motorization, depots, and commander swaps. In essence it was a design decision.

Wild -> RE: Design decisions behind removing several WITE1 uses of APs? (5/20/2021 12:15:43 AM)

I'm glad they went this way. I hated having to pay AP for trying to organize my army.

In my opinion the way it is now is far superior.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.295898E-02