Recon vs Recon and Bomb (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I

mdsmall -> Recon vs Recon and Bomb (5/18/2021 12:12:01 AM)

I am finishing a game of the 1917 campaign in which I upgraded my recon bombers to Level 1 in Ground Attack tech. I have noticed that they seem to suffer significant casualties when carrying our reconnaissance on a target for my artillery (over and above any casualties due to interception by enemy fighters). It occurs to me this is probably because the bombers are trying to bomb the enemy targets, rather than just carrying out reconnaissance.

Would it be possible to introduce an option for Recon Bombers - modelled on the option that exists for Seaplane Carriers - to set them either to "Recon" or to "Recon and Bomb"? That way they could be used in both modes and would only inflict and take casualties from ground attack bombing when that was the player's specific intention.

Bavre -> RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb (5/18/2021 11:24:47 PM)

Was that in our match?
You probably hit either a HQ, cannon or Cav. Those have def > 0 vs bomber. Just target a normal corps and you should not receive any damage from it. Tho I really don't understand why Cav is better vs bomber than Inf.

OldCrowBalthazor -> RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb (5/19/2021 2:31:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bavre

Was that in our match?
You probably hit either a HQ, cannon or Cav. Those have def > 0 vs bomber. Just target a normal corps and you should not receive any damage from it. Tho I really don't understand why Cav is better vs bomber than Inf.

Maybe the guys shooting back at the planes are a little higher being they are on the backs of horses. [:D]

Honestly though, I understand HQ's having a modest defense against bombers, but certainly not cavalry.

BillRunacre -> RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb (5/19/2021 12:48:38 PM)

That's something I've got a note of to change. I don't know how it crept into the game, but (much as I find the use of cavalry in WWI fascinating) it isn't as intended.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Recon vs Recon and Bomb (5/19/2021 4:03:09 PM)

I've added this to my list as well.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02