Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War

Alcibiades73 -> Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 2:57:47 AM)

It could really tilt the balance in my favor... ;)

boudi -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 8:33:39 AM)

Germans tried, at Toulon, in November 1942 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttling_of_the_French_fleet_at_Toulon

BillRunacre -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 9:31:18 AM)

Possibly, see the text to DE 100 in the 1939 World at War Strategy Guide. [:)]

Alcibiades73 -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 9:42:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: boudi

Germans tried, at Toulon, in November 1942 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuttling_of_the_French_fleet_at_Toulon

I know; but I am going for the alternate history route! ;)

Alcibiades73 -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 9:46:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

Awesome - thanks! Edit: I just read the event, and it only seems to trigger when you play Allies?

Platoonist -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 3:37:02 PM)

The DE 125 Operation Catapult event which the Allies usually pull the trigger on, pretty much guarantees no freebie French battleships fall intact into German hands.

I seem to recall that if the Allies should declare war on Vichy France, the Germans get a few minor French naval units in the Mediterranean. Nothing bigger than a cruiser if I remember correctly.

BillRunacre -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 6:20:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alcibiades73

quote:

Awesome - thanks! Edit: I just read the event, and it only seems to trigger when you play Allies?

Only the Allies are presented with DE 100, but it references the possibilities as well as a German Decision that is also covered in the Guide.

Alcibiades73 -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 8:32:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

The DE 125 Operation Catapult event which the Allies usually pull the trigger on, pretty much guarantees no freebie French battleships fall intact into German hands.

I seem to recall that if the Allies should declare war on Vichy France, the Germans get a few minor French naval units in the Mediterranean. Nothing bigger than a cruiser if I remember correctly.

How do you get the Allies to declare war on Vichy France?

Alcibiades73 -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 8:32:57 PM)

quote:

Only the Allies are presented with DE 100, but it references the possibilities as well as a German Decision that is also covered in the Guide.

Got it. I will read more then, I guess.

Platoonist -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/6/2021 8:48:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alcibiades73

How do you get the Allies to declare war on Vichy France?

Assuming that Vichy France is in the game, (not always a given) then as one of the Allies you go to the Diplomacy Screen, scroll to Vichy France and then click Declare War. Of course, if playing as Germany you have no power over whether the Allies decide to do so or not.

Assuming they do, Germany then gets a freebie Vichy French infantry corps in Marseilles and a Suffren class heavy cruiser in the port. Not much, but as the Axis you have the option to buy more.

[image]local://upfiles/9147/18260313CF704D98A6879CBEF4152C1E.jpg[/image]

Alcibiades73 -> RE: Any way to grab French combat ships as Germany? (5/7/2021 1:16:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

Assuming that Vichy France is in the game, (not always a given) then as one of the Allies you go to the Diplomacy Screen, scroll to Vichy France and then click Declare War. Of course, if playing as Germany you have no power over whether the Allies decide to do so or not.

Assuming they do, Germany then gets a freebie Vichy French infantry corps in Marseilles and a Suffren class heavy cruiser in the port. Not much, but as the Axis you have the option to buy more.

[image]local://upfiles/9147/18260313CF704D98A6879CBEF4152C1E.jpg[/image]

Thanks. That doesn't sound much, but any military hardware is better than nothing! ;)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.296875E-02