The opening envelopment in Barbarossa (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room

DavidDailey -> The opening envelopment in Barbarossa (5/4/2021 1:20:57 PM)

Do any of the allied players think it is worth risking existing Russian units to save the border units that are surrounded and destroyed when Barbarossa is launched? There must be something that can be done to confound the German advance.

eriador08 -> RE: The opening envelopment in Barbarossa (5/4/2021 9:34:17 PM)

I have done this once or twice, but only when itbwas clear to me, that Germany was not ready for a full assault. In this rare situation it can by handy, since you can go right into some counterattacks. I never tried this in normal situations. I would not recommend it, for Germany gets the chance to slaughter the whole red army. Better fall back and prepare behind border, where Germany gets at least somensupply issues.

Platoonist -> RE: The opening envelopment in Barbarossa (5/4/2021 9:59:21 PM)

One option that you can try is to purchase a lot of cheap garrison units prior to war with Germany. Line them up on the Russo-German border especially near Bialystok and Lvov. They'll cause some of the vulnerable starting Russian units that usually deploy directly on the border in those areas to displace further back. It won't save all of them, but it could save some.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02