Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

Zovs -> Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (4/21/2021 11:55:13 AM)

So in between PBEM turns I am playing against the AI and out of curiosity I set the game to normal and am on turn 7 and I just created an interesting pocket (well several pockets in one big pocket actually) and I wonder if the AI will be able to break out of any one of them. I think a human could possible find one or more ways to break out.

All told I have pocketed 27 divisions (5 tank, 1 mech, 13 rifle, 3 cav, 4 militia, 1 NKVD mot rifle) and 1 NKVD, 1 Airborne and 1 Naval brigade.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/GMelizR.png[/img]

Watching the replay I did not see any breakout attempts but lots of supplies flown in.

Amazingly the pocket held, I was expecting the AI to counter attack (I am fairly certain when I have played on Challenging that the AI does counterattack.

Bamilus -> RE: Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (4/21/2021 12:55:03 PM)

I'm not entirely surprised, I feel like AI can be more aggressive in breaking out, post turn 4.

Zovs -> RE: Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (4/21/2021 1:21:34 PM)

Well that was turn 7.

Zovs -> RE: Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (4/21/2021 1:22:14 PM)

I think it needs to be on challenging for it form lines and breakout and be more aggressive. This was test run.

loki100 -> RE: Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (4/21/2021 1:35:39 PM)

yes, 110 for morale is the critical value for the defensive AI as it gets the line forming bonus. 120 if its on the strategic offensive as it gets the extra disruptions which makes the game more fluid - but don't play 1941 vs the Soviet AI on 120 unless you are really good

Nix77 -> RE: Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (4/21/2021 1:48:18 PM)

The Soviet AI forms lines quite nicely, but it sometimes leaves maybe a bit too risky weak spots that allow quite big pockets and deep breakthroughs, at least in the earlier stages of the game.

Bamilus -> RE: Interesting Pockets vs. the AI (4/21/2021 2:00:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

Well that was turn 7.

....that's why I said POST TURN 4.....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI