Do the Battleground games work in Win10? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> John Tiller's Battleground Series

Artaud -> Do the Battleground games work in Win10? (4/12/2021 10:59:24 AM)

I bought and enjoyed several of the Civil War and Napoleonic Battleground games back in the day. I tried to install one of them recently, but I see that they won't even install in Win10.

Several are available from Matrix as a bundle. But reading over this part of the forum, it's not clear to me that they actually install and run in Win10. I read the "Windows 10 compatibility testing" threads, but I don't understand any of what was written. Do the games work without the player having to jump through numerous hoops? If I have to reconfigure this, delete that, download the other, it's just not worth my time. I'm in my 60s and wasted enough time trying to get games to run back in the DOS days.

I just want to load a game and play it after a long, tiring day staring at my screen doing work stuff.

I really enjoyed these games back in the day.

zakblood -> RE: Do the Battleground games work in Win10? (4/12/2021 11:41:58 AM)

they work straight out of the box as shown

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4072835

Artaud -> RE: Do the Battleground games work in Win10? (4/12/2021 8:01:21 PM)

Thank you. Do I have to do anything other than "Run as administrator"?

Artaud -> RE: Do the Battleground games work in Win10? (4/15/2021 11:01:11 AM)

Is anyone else playing these games? Just wondering if "run as administrator" is all I need. Also, does the sound work? Does the little video play when you do assaults?

carll11 -> RE: Do the Battleground games work in Win10? (4/28/2021 10:20:32 PM)

yes and yes and yes...

Artaud -> RE: Do the Battleground games work in Win10? (5/25/2021 10:55:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: carll11

yes and yes and yes...

I eventually bought a couple games directly from the John Tiller website in the hope that they will be more up to date. Thank you anyway.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI