What to do with all the cards you never play (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

stoox -> What to do with all the cards you never play (4/8/2021 9:26:59 AM)

What I really like about Shadow Empire is that it has some mechanics built in that you would normally see in board games. Like a limit of Political Points per turn or that you have to draw a card (stratagem) first to perform a certain action.

However, Shadow Empire doesn't have the typical cards limit that a lot of board games have and after a while I have a lot of leftover cards I don't really have use for. Wouldn't it be cool if you could boost card actions with leftover cards? So you would just select the card you want to play, but in addition you can select several other cards to boost that action. A card's color or other indicator would have a specific effect when played as a boost card. The boost effects could range from more risk more reward to decrease of necessary ressources to play a card (Political Points or money). Maybe not every boost effect is combineable with every kind of action, so not every combination has to be possible, this would also enforce the player to think about good combos and not just throwing away all their left over cards in a few actions. I would display the cards you select to boost sideways in the UI.

If this idea is too much work, a simpler idea is to be able to scrap your cards to get some Political Points or other resources.

bvoid -> RE: What to do with all the cards you never play (4/8/2021 9:58:03 AM)

It does have a mechanic like this, you can scrap cards for points. Then use points to get more cards :)

stoox -> RE: What to do with all the cards you never play (4/8/2021 10:54:03 AM)

After 20h of playing the game I didn't realized that. In this case the feature isn't really that viable. Thank you for the info.

zgrssd -> RE: What to do with all the cards you never play (4/8/2021 10:58:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stoox

After 20h of playing the game I didn't realized that. In this case the feature isn't really that viable. Thank you for the info.

It waas only added in 1.08.01 (and the betas).
And as usual, such a major change/change to stratagems does not make it into old savegames.

stoox -> RE: What to do with all the cards you never play (4/8/2021 12:26:11 PM)

Ok, that makes sense.

By the way, I stole that Idea with boosting cards with cards you don't really have a use for from the board game Mage Knight. I really love that game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI