Modifying in the Editor (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

Naughteous Maximus -> Modifying in the Editor (4/3/2021 1:43:29 AM)

How can I create and lock generic data in the editor? I was able to due this in WITW and WITE but I don't see it in WITE2.I'm trying to do some changes in the TOB and Units editor but I'll save the scenario I'm modifying but every time after I've quit the game and get into it later, the name changes I've done are gone and its reverted back to its previous nomenclature.
Example: 15th Infantry Division I'll change to 15. Infanterie-Division. [&:]

Karri -> RE: Modifying in the Editor (4/3/2021 5:27:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naughteous Maximus

How can I create and lock generic data in the editor? I was able to due this in WITW and WITE but I don't see it in WITE2.I'm trying to do some changes in the TOB and Units editor but I'll save the scenario I'm modifying but every time after I've quit the game and get into it later, the name changes I've done are gone and its reverted back to its previous nomenclature.
Example: 15th Infantry Division I'll change to 15. Infanterie-Division. [&:]

You have to edit the generic data. The ability to save generic data (lock) with scenario has been disbaled, but will probably be back in a few patches.

Denniss -> RE: Modifying in the Editor (4/3/2021 8:22:26 AM)

And those changes are best done with a copy of the main game installation so your changes are not overwritten by patches.

Naughteous Maximus -> RE: Modifying in the Editor (4/3/2021 4:56:23 PM)

Thanks, will give it a try.

Naughteous Maximus -> RE: Modifying in the Editor (4/3/2021 5:19:29 PM)

I made a copy of the GenData file. One is the original and the other will be the one I will modify. How would I get this to work though? Would I have to keep switching files or just use my modified one unless I upload a patch and switch to the original GenData file? [&:]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI