change victory conditions? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

misterprimus -> change victory conditions? (3/28/2021 2:46:13 AM)

Is there a way to change victory conditions of a game?

BlueTemplar -> RE: change victory conditions? (3/28/2021 8:15:36 AM)

Not that I know of, but if you don't like the current ones, you can just ignore them, and set your own in your head / agreed beforehand with your human opponent(s) ?

zgrssd -> RE: change victory conditions? (3/28/2021 10:12:48 AM)

Vic said he is working on the Scenario Editor and Victory conditions should be part of it. Beyond that, it is what BlueTemplar said.

misterprimus -> RE: change victory conditions? (3/28/2021 5:08:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Vic said he is working on the Scenario Editor and Victory conditions should be part of it. Beyond that, it is what BlueTemplar said.

I like to turtle and am not as aggressive as the major AI and often even though I am far from beaten, I get the you have lost message.

zgrssd -> RE: change victory conditions? (3/28/2021 5:48:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: misterprimus

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

I like to turtle and am not as aggressive as the major AI and often even though I am far from beaten, I get the you have lost message.

The Victory Conditio is having a high percentage of Population or territory and relevantly more then the person in 2nd.

If you never expanded and are the person in 2nd, then they can win.

eddieballgame -> RE: change victory conditions? (3/28/2021 6:14:43 PM)

It will interesting to see what 'Vic' comes up with per implementing more options for victory conditions.
With the plethora of data & statistics this game offers, there are numerous paths to victory one could allow for.
Scoring per military strength/results, research, population, territory, politics, moods, etc, etc, could allow for a variety of game challenges.
This could be in the form of options or, simply, the overall combined factor to determine ones final status.
Using scoring methods to determine a winner as opposed to all out conquering is a tried & true formula for most games & I am looking forward to what the future holds for this great game in this area.

mroyer -> RE: change victory conditions? (3/29/2021 1:40:58 AM)

I was going to respond here, but decided to compose the response in the suggestions sub-forum instead.

-Mark R.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI