[Logged] Boats Moving Over Land (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

stww2 -> [Logged] Boats Moving Over Land (2/11/2021 3:18:33 PM)

I've been playing through Caribbean Fury 3 over the past couple of weeks, which has been my first major foray into Command's cargo operations and ground operations. It's been a rather rocky start, mainly due to the ground AI's apparent willingness to walk into impassable terrain, get stuck, and then need a helicopter to bail them out, but I guess I should micromanage the pathing better...

But anyway, the strangest occurrence thus far has been two RHIBs, who, in the process of executing a RTB command, apparently decided it was a good idea to leave the water and motor on through some cropland...who knew RHIBs were amphibious?

Also, although they are still in the ocean, a squadron of hydrofoils also RTB appear to have been pathed through land as well. No idea if the game will let them do that as well; at least in the case of the RHIBs you can imagine the crew carrying the boat or something...

Screenshot and save file attached. Game version is 1147.14.

stww2 -> RE: Boats Moving Over Land (2/11/2021 3:20:28 PM)

Screenshot

[image]local://upfiles/56865/4A4C721BAFC44B24B9E9ED31175CECD4.jpg[/image]

WSBot -> RE: Boats Moving Over Land (2/12/2021 6:11:59 AM)

Geoffropi -> RE: Boats Moving Over Land (2/19/2021 2:10:21 PM)

Hi,

The boats are within the pier area which allows for the unit to ignore terrain, to facilitate docking operation and prevent situations where the unit get stuck/ can't find a path.

stww2 -> RE: Boats Moving Over Land (2/19/2021 6:03:53 PM)

In retrospect that makes a lot of sense. Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI