Local recon (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2

guctony -> Local recon (2/4/2021 11:02:36 AM)

What will be the local Recon possibilities other than recon flights.

For me one of the biggest drawback of my capacity to play WITE was my incapacity to asses local situations for counter attack or breakthrough attack.

I always assumed one of the key points in German success was tactically they could judge the timing of their counter attack timing in reference to enemy capacity for offensive reach.

In WITE it is very difficult to judge enemy potential if enough notes of enemy action is not taken to understand their actual status in terms of reediness.

I mean as Russian player it is very difficult to benefit from recon to time a counter attack to German advance parties with appropriate force level. Normally we rely on German player to create an difficult defensive layout for counter attack. But this can be be big disaster if Germans succeed in stopping Russian counter attack as looses are very high for Soviets in 1941 assaults'.

So is there be some recon regarding German units CPP for Soviets. or at least some recon data gathered for movement of German units could be presented for intelligence operations.
Currently if the player doesn't take time consuming methods there is no way to locate or follow up enemy movement turn by turn.
A combat summary screen where selected identified enemy units pinpointed in map would be great way to create well planned counter attacks for both sides. specially in 1942-1944 area.

CapAndGown -> RE: Local recon (2/4/2021 2:24:56 PM)

A tool to track the position and history of enemy units graphically would be nice. Some players do this manually right now, probably with pen and paper, but a integrated tool would be nice to have.

wodin -> RE: Local recon (2/4/2021 8:36:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapAndGown

A tool to track the position and history of enemy units graphically would be nice. Some players do this manually right now, probably with pen and paper, but a integrated tool would be nice to have.

Yes please. To see how you are matching up to historical results is something I've always wanted in wargames.

Joel Billings -> RE: Local recon (2/4/2021 10:43:24 PM)

We do have capture dates you can display on the map for all the Soviet cities so you can compare your progress by looking at those.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02