Alfred -> RE: No refund policy (1/6/2021 3:59:36 PM)
ORIGINAL: Freyr Oakenshield
You should all disregard PeteS and not take at face value his posts. Here is some hard data to consider.
1. He joined the Matrix forums on 4 January 2021.
2. His profile shows he has made a total of 19 posts since joining.
3. The 19 posts are found in 3 threads he created, two on 5 Jan, the other on 6 Jan.
4. The three threads are as follows:
In the Site Feedback forum
(a) Refund Policy (thread title) - post #1
(b) No refund polic (sic) (thread title - thread subsequently locked) - posts #1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 14, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 29, 35, and 39 = a total of 17 posts
In the General Discussion forum
(c) No refund policy 9 thread title - yep, this very same thread) - post #1
5. As can be seen all 19 posts are accounted for. Not a single one made in the dedicated game forum. One therefore wonders just who exactly he asked for help (you will all have to read the locked thread to get the details of his claims). He certainly hasn't approached the experts for help. With the greatest respect, if he directly approached Matrix Support (and I for one am not convinced he even took that step) Matrix Support are generalists, they are not experts on the game in question.
6. Even with assistance from experts, it is still incumbent on him to properly apply the switches. Based on his posts, I see evidence that he didn't apply switches correctly.
Yeah, well, he must be one of them "agents provocateur," who clearly came here to foment revolt and incite gaming hatred [:D]
I don't know if he is an "agents provocateur". However, I can and do, infer certain things from his 19 posts.
1. He has very limited patience when it comes to resolving technical computer issues.
2. Attention to detail is not his forte.
3. He is not adept at handling command line parameters, which when added to the above points, very strongly suggests that he has never had to configure software to run in a DOS environment.
4. He expects everything to runs perfectly "straight out of the box".
5. He is no stranger to demanding refunds. No need to research a product before purchase because a refund will be forthcoming.
The above inferences paint in my mind a picture of a young individual whose entire computer experience dates only from the plug and play era. An individual who is accustomed to instant gratification, and if that does not ensue, it is someone else's fault. This is not a picture of someone who would cope with the complexity of the game in question, even if it installed perfectly "straight out of the box". In short, not a grognard and hence unlikely to find many Matrix games to his taste.