Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I

stockwellpete -> Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (1/2/2021 9:18:00 AM)

The AI sent two tanks up into the Alto Adige in my latest game.[8|] Maybe they should only be able to move across mountainous areas if they use a road? Otherwise, it should be impassable to them.

Tanaka -> RE: Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (1/2/2021 7:53:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stockwellpete

The AI sent two tanks up into the Alto Adige in my latest game.[8|] Maybe they should only be able to move across mountainous areas if they use a road? Otherwise, it should be impassable to them.

Agreed tanks in mountains makes no sense...

Raptor341 -> RE: Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (1/2/2021 10:48:17 PM)

Other than limited Italian experiments with armour in hill terrain, there was no armour use in mountain areas to my knowledge during the war. I'd support a rule that disables tanks/armoured cars from operating in mountain hexes without a road.

stockwellpete -> RE: Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (2/3/2021 2:38:43 PM)

In current game against the AI a French tank has still been sent up into the mountains near Bruneck even though I have taken Brescia and am threatening Milan and Padua.

stockwellpete -> RE: Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (2/26/2021 9:39:27 AM)

They can still go up mountains! [8|]

Why is this still allowed, please?

Hubert Cater -> RE: Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (2/26/2021 3:10:11 PM)

While we generally try and avoid special rules, and while there is already the action point and terrain penalties limiting the movement, we can see the point that this might still indeed warrant a special case.

Let me add it to the list for a possible change in the next update.

stockwellpete -> RE: Should tanks be able to go up mountains? (2/26/2021 4:20:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

While we generally try and avoid special rules, and while there is already the action point and terrain penalties limiting the movement, we can see the point that this might still indeed warrant a special case.

Let me add it to the list for a possible change in the next update.

Please make it stop, Hubert!![:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02