Murmansk RR cut (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

OldCrowBalthazor -> Murmansk RR cut (12/31/2020 8:20:47 AM)

I'm in a pbem as Allies..my opponent cut the Murmansk RR for at least 3 turns. The USSR is still receiving convoy income. Both of us are wondering why this is the case?

Any illumination about this situation would be welcomed [:)]

[image]local://upfiles/72627/25398E657B4043B9B613773F6A071B1D.jpg[/image]

The Land -> RE: Murmansk RR cut (12/31/2020 8:35:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

I'm in a pbem as Allies..my opponent cut the Murmansk RR for at least 3 turns. The USSR is still receiving convoy income. Both of us are wondering why this is the case?

Any illumination about this situation would be welcomed [:)]

[image]local://upfiles/72627/25398E657B4043B9B613773F6A071B1D.jpg[/image]

Did the game start before or after the latest patch? If before - this is as expected, the change was only introduced in the most recent patch.

IF after - have the Finns/Germans taken at least one resource on the railroad? I believe just cutting the line has no effect, you need to take the towns.

OldCrowBalthazor -> RE: Murmansk RR cut (12/31/2020 9:04:11 AM)

Its after the patch..and I just realized its because he didn't take the towns after thinking about this after posting. Also, you just confirmed my suspicions about this, so thanks for the answer.

I had the towns covered on the RR...but still. you have to admit, its a bit wonky that trains are getting through his intrepid Finnish corp. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

The Land -> RE: Murmansk RR cut (12/31/2020 9:42:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

Its after the patch..and I just realized its because he didn't take the towns after thinking about this after posting. Also, you just confirmed my suspicions about this, so thanks for the answer.

I had the towns covered on the RR...but still. you have to admit, its a bit wonky that trains are getting through his intrepid Finnish corp. [sm=rolleyes.gif]

Yeah, I suspect the events can't trigger on non-resource hexes, much of the scripting system seems only to really look at resources. Either that or it's too laborious to list every RR hex...!

Narratively I agree it's weird, even if the Corps is thinly-spread and poorly-supplied, surely they can blast enough holes in the tracks to prevent anything getting through...

BillRunacre -> RE: Murmansk RR cut (12/31/2020 10:21:05 PM)

As things stand, they will have to capture one of the towns, as the script does not check for control of every single hex from Murmansk to the south, just control of the urban areas.

Christolos -> RE: Murmansk RR cut (1/5/2021 7:18:50 PM)

Does this also apply in SC World at War?

Thanks,

C

BillRunacre -> RE: Murmansk RR cut (1/6/2021 9:17:42 AM)

Not at the moment.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02