Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

BeirutDude -> Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/27/2020 11:09:35 PM)

Probably a stupid question but does "Arming" an aircraft with "Reserve" status convey any advantages to just dropping the aircraft in a scenario with "No Loadouts." I usually just use "Reserve" in the scenario editor to ensure ordinance I have on the aircraft makes it back into the bunker/database when making a change, and have always assumed that was its purpose, but thought I would ask.

Gunner98 -> RE: Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/28/2020 3:00:55 PM)

I use the Reserve loadout as a 'note-to-self' that I have considered these aircraft and want the player to decide vice -- no loadout meaning I haven't gotten around to considering and planning for that particular AC or group of AC yet.

B

schweggy -> RE: Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/28/2020 3:35:50 PM)

I suppose you could put aircraft into "Reserve" status, then change the ready time to something other than the default 3 hours. This would make them available to the player to arm at your discretion. I think the ready times will stick, meaning if you were to put an F-16 in "Reserve" status with a ready time of 6 hours a nominal A2A loadout will take... 6 hours even if the player selects it and arms the aircraft before it's actually "Ready."

My observations. YMMV.

Gunner98 -> RE: Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/28/2020 7:28:36 PM)

Yes, I do that often.

B

Randomizer -> RE: Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/28/2020 10:06:22 PM)

With assistance I wrote a Lua script that allocated Reserve status with a random ready time (10-hours to 23-hours and 59 minutes) to random aircraft on ground. The script fires daily at 23:59 local and simulates aircraft gripes and maintenance down time. The percentage of aircraft affected is tied to a subjective assessment of the quality of the air force.

Here's a sample of the script, once the function is written each aircraft needs its own loadout defined:

quote:

function SetLoadout(side='Indian Navy')
local unit = ScenEdit_GetUnit({side='Indian Navy', name='UnitNname'})
if unit ~= nil then unit_loadout = '0'
a=math.random(1,100)
if a <16 then
ScenEdit_SetLoadout({UnitName='300 #1', guid='f1073fe1-db44-41f5-b3f2-52630e532c16', LoadoutID='3', TimeToReady_Minutes=math.random(600,1439)})
end

You can see the script in action in my "Vikrant Goes to War" scenario in the latest Community Pack.

-C

BeirutDude -> RE: Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/28/2020 11:43:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: schweggy

I suppose you could put aircraft into "Reserve" status, then change the ready time to something other than the default 3 hours. This would make them available to the player to arm at your discretion. I think the ready times will stick, meaning if you were to put an F-16 in "Reserve" status with a ready time of 6 hours a nominal A2A loadout will take... 6 hours even if the player selects it and arms the aircraft before it's actually "Ready."

My observations. YMMV.

Interesting, with that having the "Reserve" load out makes sense!

So then if in surge operations the normal loadouts for say an F/A-18 for a SEAD mission is 6 hours if I set it t0 Reserve and ready in 9 hours the ARMs won't be ready for nine hours. That is good to know! thanks!

Going to give it a try!

BeirutDude -> RE: Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/28/2020 11:49:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Randomizer

With assistance I wrote a Lua script that allocated Reserve status with a random ready time (10-hours to 23-hours and 59 minutes) to random aircraft on ground. The script fires daily at 23:59 local and simulates aircraft gripes and maintenance down time. The percentage of aircraft affected is tied to a subjective assessment of the quality of the air force.

Here's a sample of the script, once the function is written each aircraft needs its own loadout defined:

quote:

function SetLoadout(side='Indian Navy')
local unit = ScenEdit_GetUnit({side='Indian Navy', name='UnitNname'})
if unit ~= nil then unit_loadout = '0'
a=math.random(1,100)
if a <16 then
ScenEdit_SetLoadout({UnitName='300 #1', guid='f1073fe1-db44-41f5-b3f2-52630e532c16', LoadoutID='3', TimeToReady_Minutes=math.random(600,1439)})
end

You can see the script in action in my "Vikrant Goes to War" scenario in the latest Community Pack.

-C

So if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly here, there is a 15% (<16) chance of the aircraft "going down" for a period between 600 and 1439 minutes. So the aircraft goes into Loadout #3 (which I assume is reserve for this aircraft) and won't arm until the random time period expires?

BeirutDude -> RE: Reserve vs. "No Loadout" (12/29/2020 12:15:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeirutDude

quote:

ORIGINAL: schweggy

My observations. YMMV.

Interesting, with that having the "Reserve" load out makes sense!

So then if in surge operations the normal loadouts for say an F/A-18 for a SEAD mission is 6 hours if I set it t0 Reserve and ready in 9 hours the ARMs won't be ready for nine hours. That is good to know! thanks!

Going to give it a try!

Just did a Sandbox on it and it works great for times beyond the normal ready time! Thanks schweggy and Gunner! I guess it wasn't a dumb question! Glad I asked! That is quite useful and I knew there had to be a reason beyond my uses for the reserve loadout! As I like to eave the loadout to the player I can make great use of this info!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.246094E-02