any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series

matrixum -> any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (12/24/2020 12:37:18 AM)

hi
i want objective/flags to be placed more randomly on map as close combat games.i tried all game mods (meeting enagament..) but all flags are in line. .i hope i could tell my question sorry for english.

Crossroads -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (12/24/2020 8:10:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matrixum

hi
i want objective/flags to be placed more randomly on map as close combat games.i tried all game mods (meeting enagament..) but all flags are in line. .i hope i could tell my question sorry for english.

For now, I'd suggest you open the Battle Generated generated scenario file (*.SCN) with Scenario Editor, and make the changes manually.

Here's a couple of How-to Modder guides regarding battle generator:

• Dev Diary #2: Having fun with Battle Generator
  • Dev Diary #3: Adding new units with X (no encryption) option

I've put together an index of all Developer Diaries and Modding Guides at CS Middle East forum, here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3918444

• matrixum -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (12/25/2020 5:32:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

really thanks.i will try. i want to ask about ai
    if i place flags randomly on map ,ai will try to capture or defence them dynamicaly?

Crossroads -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (12/25/2020 8:41:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: matrixum

quote:

really thanks.i will try. i want to ask about ai
    if i place flags randomly on map ,ai will try to capture or defence them dynamicaly?

Yes. The legacy AI as with JTCS will just blindly go for the objectives. So if you move them about, AI should just dynamically go after where they are next. I have not tried this in middle of a game, but if you opt to modify the scenario file (you can touch the generated map file as well!), the AI should have its targets set from the go.

Good luck! Let us know how this worked [:)]

matrixum -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (12/27/2020 12:32:47 AM)

thanks for help

matrixum -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (12/29/2020 1:14:53 PM)

[/quote] Crossroads
    cant i edit generated battles ?couldnt find extention to open only scn can be opened in editor.i need to edit generated battles because i will generate battle with meeting enagament(i guess for capture flag type game needed) not all ready scenerios has this type mode .

Crossroads -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (1/2/2021 12:52:41 PM)

If I understood your question correctly, you would do these steps on following order:

1. Generate the battle with Battle Generator
    2. Observe the new random*.scn files at game folder
    3. Open the latest one with Scenario editor, make the edits, save it.

Does that work for you?

matrixum -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (1/4/2021 1:58:18 AM)

quote:

If I understood your question correctly, you would do these steps on following order:

1. Generate the battle with Battle Generator
    2. Observe the new random*.scn files at game folder
    3. Open the latest one with Scenario editor, make the edits, save it.

Does that work for you?

İ tried to saved my generated battle but it save as btl format and i cant see btl extention when i try to edit battle.should i change btl extention to scn or what must i do?

Jason Petho -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (1/4/2021 7:24:45 AM)

You have to open the Random*.scn file. That is what is generated for your randomly made scenario

The BTL file you are saving is just the game play save file.

matrixum -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (1/4/2021 8:52:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

You have to open the Random*.scn file. That is what is generated for your randomly made scenario

The BTL file you are saving is just the game play save file.

yes i found as random1 random2 . but i cant move objective_flags.?only add flags?

Jason Petho -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (1/4/2021 3:35:50 PM)

You can indeed move the objectives.

Click on a Hex in the scenario editor and then click on the Objective Flag

Adjust the owner (soviet, german, whatever)

And add a value (10 or 100 or 250) or whatever you wish.

Press OK

Click on an EXISTING objective hex that you want to remove

Adjust the owner to No Nation

Change the value to 0.

Voila, you moved the objective hex.

matrixum -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (1/5/2021 2:07:15 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

You can indeed move the objectives.

Click on a Hex in the scenario editor and then click on the Objective Flag

Adjust the owner (soviet, german, whatever)

And add a value (10 or 100 or 250) or whatever you wish.

Press OK

Click on an EXISTING objective hex that you want to remove

Adjust the owner to No Nation

Change the value to 0.

Voila, you moved the objective hex.

i placed/removed flags successfully.thanks

Jason Petho -> RE: any mod/settings to randomly objective/flags placement on map? (1/5/2021 4:21:55 AM)

Great news! Yay!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
    1.953125E-02