What a fantastic gem of a game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985

Phoenix100 -> What a fantastic gem of a game (12/22/2020 10:53:40 AM)

I started playing CSME again and I'm delighted to see, once again, how wonderful it is. I would mention the quality of the maps, which is second to none. I hate 3d maps in all games save this one. In this one EVEN the 3d maps are a thing of beauty. But the main 2d map is seriously gorgeous. Then the attention to historical detail and the wealth of info available via F2. Of course, the AI is what it is, but I only play against me (hotseat) or PBEM with a friend, so doesn't matter. Be nice if Vietnam comes out at a similar quality with such sterling attention to detail AND a great new AI. Just thought I would post to say how much I appreciate this title and all the work that was put in to bring it to this standard. Thanks, guys. Can't wait for EF3 (and Vietnam, of course...)

LarryP -> RE: What a fantastic gem of a game (12/22/2020 5:28:24 PM)

Last night I saw this game somewhere, can't remember now where, but I liked the pictures. So I went into Matrix store and put it in the cart. Then I saw that I owned it. Hummmmmm, what's going on here?! Turns out, I did buy it and forgot. So I downloaded it and installed it, and I too am amazed at how nice this game is. Seems like I'm losing my mind at times!

Jason Petho -> RE: What a fantastic gem of a game (12/22/2020 6:09:58 PM)

Thank you so much!!! Your sentiments are truly appreciated!

Yes, you can expect the same historical accuracy within Vietnam and the same style of graphics for the mapping. They are as historical as I could make them and there will be a large number of master base maps that one can use for their own scenarios.

Of course, the AI is being completely rebuilt and should provide an exceptional experience once it is available.

You'll also be pleased to know that the updating we are doing with Vietnam will also be available for Middle East as the 3.0 UPDATE, after the release of Vietnam.

Thank you for your support!

LarryP -> RE: What a fantastic gem of a game (12/22/2020 8:02:34 PM)

I'm REALLY looking forward to Vietnam. Thank you!

Crossroads -> RE: What a fantastic gem of a game (12/23/2020 5:33:32 AM)

Thank you indeed for your kind comments Phoenix100 and LarryP!

To add to Jason's post, we have a new, talented 3D designer for CS Vietnam, the 3D maps continue to be visually seriously good, with all the detail. Also, the 2D map tiles have taken a complete revision, evolution, not revolution, so there should be a visible difference with those as well, which will be available in the CSME 3.0 UPDATE as well.

As for the accuracy of those maps, what Jason perhaps did not stress in his post is that he is a professional cartographer, and that truly shows, doesn't it! [;)]

LarryP -> RE: What a fantastic gem of a game (12/23/2020 5:49:45 PM)

Yes! That's a unique job. We are very fortunate to have people like that making our pastimes. [&o]

I am looking forward with anticipation for the 3.0 update.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI