IRST arc (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

orca -> IRST arc (12/5/2020 4:57:48 PM)

What is the arc for typical modern fighter aircraft IRST systems? In command would it be the front 2, front 4, or the front six arc spots?

front 2?

xx
o o
o o
o o
o o
o o
oo

front 4?

xx
x x
o o
o o
o o
o o
oo

or front 6?

xx
x x
x x
o o
o o
o o
oo

edit= the format of the arcs I entered is correct when I write the post, but changes when it is posted and thus when viewed the "shape" of the 360 degree arc I originally made is lost. Hopefully, it is still understandable.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: IRST arc (12/5/2020 5:29:01 PM)

For future If you wrap things in a code tag the formatting will stick most of the time
    xx {pb2,sb1}
   x  x
  x    x
 o      o
 o      o
  o    o
   o  o
    oo {ps1,ss2} 

As for your question, depends on the aircraft, and the sensors involved.
There are 30'ish or more irst sensors, *generally they are applied the same per sensor across the aircraft they are on. You'll have to look them each up to be sure though as some sensors are applied differently depending on the aircraft model. Overall though, eyeballing things in the database, the most common application on 'fighter' aircraft is 90 (45 on each side), the forward six pmf1,pb1,pb2,sb1,sb2,smf1.
[image]http://commandlua.github.io/assets/images/datatypes_1_arc_codes.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI