Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

mdsmall -> Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/18/2020 3:57:34 PM)

What determines when the convoy route from Saudi Arabia to the USA becomes active? Is it the level of mobilization in favour of the Allies or is there a time factor involved? Are there any factors on the board which would swing the Saudis into supplying the USA? In my current game, it is August 1942 and Saudi Arabia has a 10% mobilization and is aligned with the Allies, but the convoy has not started. What can the USA do to trigger the convoy becoming active?

BillRunacre -> RE: Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/19/2020 8:52:00 AM)

Hi

The conditions are that Saudi Arabia must have a pro-Allied mobilization value of at least 1%, but additionally the US has to have entered the war.

So hopefully it's the case that the US hasn't fully mobilized yet?

mdsmall -> RE: Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/20/2020 11:18:37 PM)

In my game, the USA has fully mobilized and is in the war (it is late 1942), so that can't be the reason. However, I should have said that we are playing the 8.3 version of the Fall Weiss mod, So perhaps this is a setting that has been changed by Crispy131313 - though there is no mention of that in any pop-up that has appeared so far.

Michael

Taxman66 -> RE: Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/21/2020 1:08:49 PM)

FW has different conditions. You can find them by checking the route/country on the Convoy map.
Additionally, in FW I believe there is an Allied DE that will eventually trigger (don't remember when exactly) the convoy if you don't want to invest heavily to Diplo them.

BillRunacre -> RE: Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/22/2020 7:46:56 PM)

Crispy131313's Fall Weiss mod is different, and just looking at the script file for that, Saudi Arabia needs to have a pro-Allied mobilization value of 40%.

So hopefully investing a bit of diplomacy might pay off there, though his campaign does have more Decision Events so it's not impossible there might be a relevant one for that.

crispy131313 -> RE: Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/23/2020 12:57:59 PM)

Yep Bill there is a relevant event for this, to help get to 40%. The Axis can not invest diplomatic chits in Saudi Arabia so there is no counter. The event is probably the best way to establish the oil exports.

[image]local://upfiles/46995/4C9259FDA7E24AAFB6ADD709DD95F152.jpg[/image]

BillRunacre -> RE: Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/23/2020 3:59:45 PM)

Excellent, I thought there might have been. [:)]

mdsmall -> RE: Convoy from Saudi Arabia to the USA (11/23/2020 4:38:26 PM)

Ironically, this DE popped up last night as I was playing Crispy's mod. But because I was a tired and focussing on the huge MPP expenditures to launch D-Day, I missed the key fact that this creates a 5% chance EVERY TURN of a 40% swing to the Allies, so I declined it. Dumb move! Anyhow, it is great that Fall Weiss offers strategic economic choices like this one later in the game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02