AP cost absurdity? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

CapAndGown -> AP cost absurdity? (10/25/2020 10:47:50 PM)

I want another army as part of Reserve Front (or perhaps Moscow M.D.) and Southwest Front has an army to spare. So I brought up the HQ to Moscow with the idea of reassigning it. Yet the AP cost of such an assignment is 31 points. This seems completely absurd considering I could reassign 31 divisions for the same cost. What's up with the seemingly insane numbers?

fritzfarlig -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/25/2020 10:58:36 PM)

resign a army HQ is always more costly, I always only resign div. or create a new army HQ ist more cheap as I remember

redrum68 -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/25/2020 11:12:53 PM)

Yeah, its almost always better to just reassign divisions and leave the army HQ structure. It can often be cheaper to just build a new Army HQ (25 AP I think) and assign it down.

CapAndGown -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/25/2020 11:19:58 PM)

But why would they design it this way? What's the logic?

chaos45 -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/25/2020 11:45:40 PM)

basically you have to almost perfectly plan and set up your fronts as the soviet commander as you rebuild the soviet army in 1941 if you want an optimal chain of command.

One way to do that is leave armies you plan to use for future front on Stavka command and carefully calculate your Front AP limits and only have armies assigned to them that max them on AP....then all other armies leave on Stavka control until new fronts become available.

CapAndGown -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/26/2020 12:08:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chaos45

basically you have to almost perfectly plan and set up your fronts as the soviet commander as you rebuild the soviet army in 1941 if you want an optimal chain of command.

One way to do that is leave armies you plan to use for future front on Stavka command and carefully calculate your Front AP limits and only have armies assigned to them that max them on AP....then all other armies leave on Stavka control until new fronts become available.

Planning out your army structure for 1944 in 1941 is obviously absurd.

Another option to leaving armies assigned to Stavka, if you appreciate color coordinated armies like I do [:D], is to assign the newer armies to Military Districts that don't become fronts. Then you can switch the army for free.

fritzfarlig -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/26/2020 12:16:29 AM)

Remember A empty army HQ assign to STAVKA is only a paper tiger, you donít need to assign them to any front before you have the men to fill it up and then be careful not to overstretch the AP limit on 90 for a front, that drag down your combat value
I always use my stavka armies to dig fortifications behind the front, I fill them up with brigades

redrum68 -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/26/2020 2:04:46 AM)

Yeah I use the MDs as much as I can as they will usually give better leader checks than directly to STAVKA but can always reassign the armies elsewhere then.

56ajax -> RE: AP cost absurdity? (10/26/2020 3:11:22 AM)

Good reason to get WiTE2 as soon as it comes out as re assignment is free.....

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI