Europe vs. World at War (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

dwesolick -> Europe vs. World at War (10/5/2020 7:29:29 PM)

I have the world at war version of SC and enjoyed it quite a bit. Just wondering if it is worth it to buy the Europe only version?
What are the differences? I'm assuming the Europe map is a good deal larger than in World at War. Any advice would be appreciated!

DeriKuk -> RE: Europe vs. World at War (10/5/2020 7:48:11 PM)

W@W is a lot more fun... but you have to play the Allies, because the Allied AI is a true box of rocks.

WiE has far better AI for both sides, but the limited scope can make it repetitious after a few games.

The Land -> RE: Europe vs. World at War (10/5/2020 8:43:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dwesolick

I have the world at war version of SC and enjoyed it quite a bit. Just wondering if it is worth it to buy the Europe only version?
What are the differences? I'm assuming the Europe map is a good deal larger than in World at War. Any advice would be appreciated!

Yes, Europe has a larger-scale map (similar hex count for less area) and more units representing the same armies.

War in Europe feels like more of a strategic/operational level game rather than a fully strategic one, though what are in gameplay terms the tactical options are identical in each units etc work the same, each unit just represents a greater concentration of force).

Hairog -> RE: Europe vs. World at War (10/6/2020 8:02:33 AM)

If you want ground and tactical air operations WiE has it in spades due to Barbrosa. WOW has always been a Naval fight for me so I prefer both.

You will get a very different perspective fighting with hundreds of divisions, blitzkrieg, deep battle, strategic bombing, a lot more strategic decisions that could all win or lose the war, and research becomes a priority.

Rannug61 -> RE: Europe vs. World at War (10/6/2020 7:25:21 PM)

WiE has much more work behind it so it is a more mature game. Both are great games but if you like the combo of strategty and tactics I'll say WiE is a must have.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.417969E-02