USSR and Persia (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Lascar -> USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 1:21:52 AM)

In a current game playing a human axis, the Germans landed a unit in Persia. Persian is now an ally and the Soviet Union is at war. However, I am unable to move a Soviet Mech Corps into Persia from the Caucuses because the game does not highlight a path into Persia as moveable. Shouldn't The Soviets be able to move into Persia to assist them? I have been able to land a UK corps in southern Persia and move freely through Persia.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 1:24:54 AM)

USSR and Western Allies don't cooperate. But you gave me an idea about that. I might change cooperation only to home country restrictions to solve this problem.

How did the Axis get to Persia? By land or sea?

Lascar -> RE: USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 7:25:31 AM)

They landed by sea, which was a bit of a surprise. I imagine they originated from a captured French port.
Historically, the USSR and UK invaded Persia in August 1941. Persia was never really an ally. If the UK had declared war on Persia would the Soviets then be able to enter Persia or would they also have to declare war?

ncc1701e -> RE: USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 11:45:01 AM)

It should be solved in the incoming patch. It will no more be possible for Axis to use the naval loops to go to Persian Gulf...

AlvaroSousa -> RE: USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 2:56:36 PM)

That's where I was getting at. I forgot that fix was in 1.00.08 not 1.00.073

Lascar -> RE: USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 4:10:45 PM)

quote:

I might change cooperation only to home country restrictions to solve this problem.

So as it stands now the UK has to conquer Persia ie. take Tehran, before the Soviets can enter Persia. Is that correct?

ncc1701e -> RE: USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 7:26:51 PM)

Either UK invades Persia, either USSR invades Persia. The thing is there is no co-operation like historically.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: USSR and Persia (9/6/2020 9:02:21 PM)

It's easy for one or the other to do it alone.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.197266E-02