Atoll invasion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

boxof9 -> Atoll invasion (8/16/2020 5:36:59 PM)

I've managed to get myself into a jam after an atoll invasion. I've run out of supply and am wondering what is the best task force/ships for re-supply?

Anachro -> RE: Atoll invasion (8/16/2020 5:40:58 PM)

Things than can land supply fast: AKAs, AKs, LSTs, APDs, in cases where you need a safe option as a stop gap, sub transports. Really, the choice depends on the tenuous nature of the situation around the island. Is it in enemy waters where you don't necessarily have supremacy?

RangerJoe -> RE: Atoll invasion (8/16/2020 6:00:42 PM)

Even air transport can help.

geofflambert -> RE: Atoll invasion (8/16/2020 6:11:55 PM)

Are you overstacked? If so the best ships to send will be amphibious so you can load up some troops and get them off of that guano infested speck in the middle of the ocean.

Admiral DadMan -> RE: Atoll invasion (8/16/2020 6:46:41 PM)

And if you don't care how stuff is packed then in order of increasing load efficiency is

-Cargo TF (packed nicely, fine china is bubble wrapped),
-Transport TF/Fast Transport TF,
-Amphibious TF (letting your brothers help pack and paying them in pizza with cases of beer).

Alamander -> RE: Atoll invasion (8/16/2020 7:18:58 PM)

Offloading supply will probably trigger an automatic shock attack. You might be better off evacuating your troops and re-invading at a later date with heavier ToEs. Never be shy about evacuating. It is my favorite thing to do... lol.

RangerJoe -> RE: Atoll invasion (8/16/2020 7:24:18 PM)

If that is the case, set up an evac for the trashed units there and land with more units but include ships with nothing but supplies. LSTs work great for that. Bombard the enemy as much as you can first.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02