ElvisJJonesRambo -> RE: The World at War ELO Tournament (9/5/2020 9:01:13 PM)
ELO game has ended
[WIN] ThundarLizard2 (Axis) defeats ElvisJJonesRambo (Allies)
Summary: Allies call in quits in November 1945. Moscow couldn't hold off the Level-5 Super Tanks anymore. Note to players, the second Moscow hex doesn't matter, the Reds called it quits the Southern Hex was take. Axis took the Southern Route to Urals first.
One of the tightest games possible. I don't think you could have a closer game than we just battle.
1) Germans bashed Poland/France/LowCountries
2) Germans Diplo Turkey
3) Brits take Libya, Tunisa, but only pinged Sicily with (Air/Naval bombardment)
4) The Middle East was a torn battlefield the entire game. Turkish forces with Top Luftwaffe took Iraq, came to the Red Sea. Later in game, Yanks entered Southern Turkey, freed Iraq in 1945.
5) 1943, the Allies had to help Russia, so x3 Paratroops + x2 Corp goto Northern France, July. Supertanks in Russia, had no choice.
6) 8-months of rain either on English/French spelled, dead paratroops, 1-corp sailed home
7) Frustrated from 8-months rain, went to Greece, with Yankee Tanks, no landing zones, impossible with 8-months rain.
8) American Tanks in Greece expelled by 2-Super Tanks. Couldn't even scratch their paint.
9) Americans land mini-force March 1944. Was going to get pushed immediately off, so I ran, no damage.
10) Rain finally stops in July 1944. Was able to get with 2-hexes of Paris in 1945. Massive Air Battles. Supplies always suck for Allies. Would put Dozens of attack on Supertanks, takes miracle to kill a unit
11) Russians went with Tank strategy, they did decent, holding until November 1945.
12) China captured Korea, Mancharuia, and almost all their land.
13) Manila Capture, Taiwan, Okinawa
14) Japan Nuked, August 1945
15) Japan still wouldn't surrender
Game over. Was close. Game was up for grabs. 1943 in the Western rain was the turning point. I shouldn't have gone to Greece, was so tired of waiting for clear skies.