[Answered] Naming Hosted Boats (Ships) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Sybaris -> [Answered] Naming Hosted Boats (Ships) (8/4/2020 1:59:14 PM)

In developing a scenario I've attempted to rename a ship that is docked but not found a function to do that. For example I created a large pier and edited the hosted boats to include a U.S. Belknap class cruiser but it seems that is all you can do. You can't change the name of the cruiser so it remains as just a class of ship. I tried adding a unit near the pier, renaming it then grouping it with the pier but the editor won't group a ship to a pier.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

UncertainlyCertain -> RE: Naming Hosted Boats (Ships) (8/4/2020 3:05:58 PM)

Try this: open hosted units (boat operations - shortcut F7) -> right click on the ship/boat you wish to rename -> click "Rename".

AFAIK grouping works only for units with similar characteristics: ships with ships, ground units with ground units, planes with planes (tough you can't group planes with different loadouts, even if they are of the same type). You can't group a pier with a ship because the ship is supposed to be hosted by a pier. It's not a unit with similar characteristics: look it up you're trying to group a "building" with a "ship".

Sybaris -> RE: Naming Hosted Boats (Ships) (8/4/2020 3:11:46 PM)

Thanks for the suggestion. I Tried that but the option provided is renaming the first unit in the hierarchy which in this case is the base that the pier and ship is attached to.

UncertainlyCertain -> RE: Naming Hosted Boats (Ships) (8/4/2020 3:34:41 PM)

I'm not sure I understand. Here's what I'm referring to:

[image]local://upfiles/72922/54DE546BF2F84B66A3FD77FB662E48EF.jpg[/image]

Sybaris -> RE: Naming Hosted Boats (Ships) (8/4/2020 3:43:34 PM)

That worked!
I was going in through Edit Hosted Boats and right clicking on the unit shown in the Current Inventory

thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02