PBEM++ Logins and Downloads/Uploads (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support

Darren_H_slith -> PBEM++ Logins and Downloads/Uploads (7/11/2020 9:02:20 PM)

I am currently having issues uploading my games to the server. I'm not blaming the software, most likely the issue is with the internet in the country I am currently in - and possibly a high load on the server.

I wonder if it would be possible to include a little more information on the status of the server and the download. Right now, you get a "1939-1945" going across the screen? If I have lost connection, then the program simply gets stuck. It doesn't give me an error, or informs me of a re-attempt or anything.

Perhaps you could consider this for a future update?

I am having to reload and replay my turn multiple times, which I understand is the exact thing the PBEM++ server is supposed to avoid due to cheating?

Ill just add that I'm playing Strategic Command WWII also, same connection, and it is having zero issues. this is version 1.00.07.2
Thanks.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: PBEM++ Logins and Downloads/Uploads (7/12/2020 5:10:40 AM)

There should be a set of error codes that pops up from the server.

Try setting WarPlan to run as Administrator. Could be your firewall isn't letting it through. Which is usually the case with these pbem game upload lock ups.

Could also be the Matrix server is having issues

Darren_H_slith -> RE: PBEM++ Logins and Downloads/Uploads (7/12/2020 8:02:10 AM)

Thanks for the tips Alvaro. I'll attempt again as administrator....
Yes, that might have been the issue? Sigh...Windows.

Anyhow, I am on turn 18 of my game, which made me a bit puzzled as to why it would not upload. It had been working fine previously.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: PBEM++ Logins and Downloads/Uploads (7/12/2020 1:44:07 PM)

That's your internet or firewall. What happens is that the game waits for the server to respond to a request. If it never goes through it sits there waiting. I'll see if I can improve that.

Darren_H_slith -> RE: PBEM++ Logins and Downloads/Uploads (7/13/2020 9:01:28 AM)

I added Warplan.exe to the allowed apps in Windows Firewall settings. It seems to work consistently.
I never had to add it before manually, and it was working fine before. Thanks for your prompt feedback.
I'll get back to playing completely foolishly in this PBEM++ game!

AlvaroSousa -> RE: PBEM++ Logins and Downloads/Uploads (7/13/2020 12:22:46 PM)

Yes that's odd.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.806641E-02