Numbers that Correlate to Winning (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

eddieballgame -> Numbers that Correlate to Winning (7/2/2020 1:28:52 AM)

I get that this game recognizes the 'Populace %' & 'Planet %' as the main numbers to determine a victor based on the amount of.
I was wondering what other numbers are as important as these 2 in determining how well one is progressing, such as 'QoL' & all the numbers that appear in that block as well as the 'Empire Dashboard' report.

In other words, would it be better to include all of these 'numbers' to determine a victor (via some formula) as opposed to just the original 2?
After all, it does give a more vivid picture of one's...strengths & weaknesses.
With all the data at one's fingertips per how well one is doing or not, it is shame that the 'Victor Score' is based on just 2 categories.

Yes, I know that everything affects everything else; but I feel this great game deserves a bit more...meat in the 'Victory Score' department.

Playing vs a friend per a 'lastplanetgenerated' file, we are of the opinion that all/some of the numbers could/should be a viable way to determine a victor in the event that a game does not end per the established game's method.

lloydster4 -> RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning (7/2/2020 3:12:31 AM)

The current system is functional for competing with the AI, but I can see it being a bit bland for comparing human opponents.

With rare exception, all victories are conquest victories. In that context, I appreciate the current victory score. Essentially, its only function is to stop the game when total conquest becomes inevitable.

diamondspider -> RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning (7/2/2020 3:27:26 AM)

Pushing for a high population avoids too much emphasis on a conquest victory. That is something I like. That's not to say that peace is a real option usually, it just means that you don't have to kill everyone else to win, or even come close to having done so.

eddieballgame -> RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning (7/2/2020 3:28:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

The current system is functional for competing with the AI, but I can see it being a bit bland for comparing human opponents.

With rare exception, all victories are conquest victories. In that context, I appreciate the current victory score. Essentially, its only function is to stop the game when total conquest becomes inevitable.

Bland is a good word.
I consider it very simplistic considering the amount of content the game offers.

eddieballgame -> RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning (7/2/2020 7:17:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

quote:

ORIGINAL: lloydster4

Bland is a good word.
I consider it very simplistic considering the amount of content the game offers to gauge one's progress, or lack there of.

Playing 'tall' is not a winning game option but still fun as I like to see how many friendly neighbors (Majors & Minors) I can maintain while developing my empire for conquering later down the road...if time allows for it.

zgrssd -> RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning (7/2/2020 2:02:31 PM)

There are some interesting Stratagems. Like the one Meritocracy for Secret Service wich basically allows you to steal population from a enemy.
Atracting Free Folk should also help you buff that number.

As long as you got the 50% Land (wich should be doable), you can get the population other ways.

GodwinW -> RE: Numbers that Correlate to Winning (7/2/2020 3:27:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

I get that this game recognizes the 'Populace %' & 'Planet %' as the main numbers to determine a victor based on the amount of.
I was wondering what other numbers are as important as these 2 in determining how well one is progressing, such as 'QoL' & all the numbers that appear in that block as well as the 'Empire Dashboard' report.

Well I have found that for example making a Friendship Pact with a major at 24 points gave that Major 3 victory points next turn (I had 49) that he really wouldn't get without (tried both ways, due to a bug).
It also gave me 2 or so I think, not sure. Maybe less.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.734375E-02