A few questions (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

Nirosi -> A few questions (7/1/2020 1:06:05 PM)

Congratulation for the game, looks really nice. A friend and I who discovered wargaming through SPI’s ETO in the 80s just bought it and are looking forward to having lots of fun!

After reading the updated manual, I have three questions if anybody can answer them:

1)In the table attached here, I do not understand the third column that says “Amount”. The first two columns seem to cover all possibilities already, when would the loss mentioned in that column apply?

2)This sentence from “Unit Supply Level” confuses me: “Land and air units suffer penalties from having a zero unit supply level when their unit supply level is 1 or lower”. The first part of the sentence (0) seems to contradict the second part (1 or less).

3)And lastly, the rules mention that fleets can only be intercepted at their destination point. Does that mean that a fleet moving from port to port (ex: Naples to Tripoli) can not be intercepted by naval units? And sub-questions: If I move the first action point and stop, and then change my mind and move again, can I be intercepted twice or just at the final hex after the second movement (or second action point).

Many thanks in advance,

AlvaroSousa -> RE: A few questions (7/1/2020 2:08:24 PM)

#1 I had to read it. I poorly worded it and will fix this in the next manual. Amount means how much effectiveness is lost when a successful defense roll is made. So if a unit doesn't make it's defense check they take a strength hit. If they do they take no damage but instead an effectiveness hit. Which is this column

#2 I just double typed it. It just means when the supply value of a unit is zero they start losing strength. Fix that too.

#3 Fleets moving port to port can be intercepted before they reach their destination. So if you sit outside Tripoli you will intercept any fleets coming in. You can be intercepted twice.

Nirosi -> RE: A few questions (7/1/2020 2:13:14 PM)

quote:

#3 Fleets moving port to port can be intercepted before they reach their destination. So if you sit outside Tripoli you will intercept any fleets coming in. You can be intercepted twice.

Many thanks for the answer. So just to be sure, fleets can not be intercepted in between destinations (only at destination), unless they go from port to port (then it is "in between")?

MorningDew -> RE: A few questions (7/1/2020 2:26:53 PM)

Fleets, at the current time, are only intercepted at destination, not at the port they leave or along the route.

Nirosi -> RE: A few questions (7/1/2020 7:32:19 PM)

Thanks! Ok, so if I get it right, the potential interception would be in the destination port before the fleet "enters" the port?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: A few questions (7/1/2020 8:34:48 PM)

Yes fleets can intercept between port moves but if the opponent is smart they will park a plane outside the destination port.

Yes. It is based on that most naval battles occurred near land. It is an abstract way to intercept in a turn based game. The beta testers help me add this feature to the game and tested it. It also makes it easy to use with that simple rule.

Any fleet will intercept 2x during the enemy turn if they are in supply and not weak (50% losses).
Any air unit will intercept 2x a turn if they are not weak.
The close the moving fleet is to the 5 hex radius of the patrolling fleet the better chance of intercepting.

So as the UK you should have at least one fleet constantly patrolling the Eastern Med at random fleet sizes to keep the Italians guessing.

Nirosi -> RE: A few questions (7/2/2020 6:24:01 PM)

Thanks![:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.050781E-02