weather chart (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

sillyflower -> weather chart (6/25/2020 11:18:12 PM)

Where do I find this? I see references to it but it's not in the manual

magic87966 -> RE: weather chart (6/26/2020 12:01:52 AM)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\WarPlan\Manuals

AlvaroSousa -> RE: weather chart (6/26/2020 1:11:13 AM)

Or the NEW manual link in the beta section.

Flaviusx -> RE: weather chart (6/26/2020 1:13:02 AM)

This chart lies, lol. Or sometimes I think so.

Magic Missile is probably about ready to strangle me in our mirror match. I've had 3 cold weather turns in a row in my Axis game in March. Probability is .008 according to the chart. (.2 cubed.)

MagicMissile -> RE: weather chart (6/26/2020 7:45:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

Magic Missile is probably about ready to strangle me in our mirror match. I've had 3 cold weather turns in a row in my Axis game in March. Probability is .008 according to the chart. (.2 cubed.)

I am very nice so I donīt want to strangle you [:)], but I do curse the weather gods a lot. Can hope that there will be payback one day.

kennonlightfoot -> RE: weather chart (6/26/2020 4:45:27 PM)

Interesting observation from one of my games. Apparently ships can enter frozen seas if they start in a weather area that allows movement. Once in they are stuck but not until the next turn. I didn't get a screen shot but my opponent moved reinforcements into Helsinki which was Blizzard status along with the waters around it. My Russian sub had been stuck in the ice for several turns outside the port. German transports carrying a Mechanized Corps just putted right through and unloaded in the port.

Anyone know if previous turn weather affects selection of the next turns weather?
Sort of if there is a blizzard in January there will be a greater chance of it still being a blizzard in the next turn.

sillyflower -> RE: weather chart (6/26/2020 5:01:16 PM)

I've spent about 90 minutes looking at both the original and new manuals by word searching 'weather' and again 'heavy rain'and reading the whole section on weather. No sign of anything more than a description of weather types + effects, and a pic of the weather zones. Zilch on a chart or anything similar timing for weather in zones.
I know it must be me because the rest of you have seen it, and I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Is there any chance of any of you kind chaps posting or sending me a copy please?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: weather chart (6/26/2020 5:38:20 PM)

Detail what you think is missing. I'm out right now btw

Harrybanana -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 6:27:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

I've spent about 90 minutes looking at both the original and new manuals by word searching 'weather' and again 'heavy rain'and reading the whole section on weather. No sign of anything more than a description of weather types + effects, and a pic of the weather zones. Zilch on a chart or anything similar timing for weather in zones.
I know it must be me because the rest of you have seen it, and I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Is there any chance of any of you kind chaps posting or sending me a copy please?

Sillyflower it is not in the Manual (ie the WarPlan Manual.pdf) . It is in a separate pdf document called WarPlan Weather Zone Data.pdf. But this pdf is located in the same folder as the manual pdf. This folder is called "Manuals". A little confusing I know. But if you follow Magic's link above you will find it.

sillyflower -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 8:13:24 AM)

Actually, I couldn't find them with Magic's link (though I expect everyone else could) but Alvaro has very kindly put them in the new 'documents' thread at the top of the stickies

Harrybanana -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 5:05:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flaviusx

If by .008 you mean 0.8% I agree. A very low probability, but still it will happen on average once every 125 games. If I was Magic Missile I would be cursing a blue streak.

sillyflower -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 5:48:57 PM)

When I did statistics as part of my undergraduate degree, probability was described as Flavius did, so I hope that he did not mean 0.8% [;)]

Harrybanana -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 6:06:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

When I did statistics as part of my undergraduate degree, probability was described as Flavius did, so I hope that he did not mean 0.8% [;)]

I never took statistics so I don't know. Is 0.008 just another way of saying 0.8%? In any event, the probability of 3 cold/clear turns in March in the North Moderate Zone is 2/10 X 2/10 X 2/10 = 8/1000 = 0.8/100 = 0.8% chance. Not exactly rocket science.

baloo7777 -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 9:07:52 PM)

Is there any probability tables on the Tech advancement tree? Been researching convoy and aircraft carrier tech since the beginning with the max for Great Britain and at the end of 1940, it is just changing to 40 tech?

AlvaroSousa -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 9:18:40 PM)

It is a random chance based on how many points are in the field, and how advanced the field is + some increase due to combat of the type.

Generally if you want to get ahead of the year max it out.
If you want to be historical ~1 less
If you want a year behind ~2 less

baloo7777 -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 9:31:48 PM)

So it's likely just my bad luck then probably. [:(]

sillyflower -> RE: weather chart (6/27/2020 9:44:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harrybanana

Is 0.008 just another way of saying 0.8%?

Strictly speaking, no. It is the other way round. 0.8% is just the demotic version when it's about probabilities, and percentages should be confined to comparing quantities such as weights, prices etc.
Sadly, I fear that few of us are pedantic enough to try to do anything about it [sm=00000018.gif]

Flaviusx -> RE: weather chart (6/29/2020 5:52:06 PM)

I love how this thread has gone into probability pedantry.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.320313E-02