Eastern Front - Day by Day (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Bozo_the_Clown -> Eastern Front - Day by Day (6/22/2020 1:23:11 PM)

This is a cool animation that visualizes the developments on the eastern front in just 9 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJcByHRQl24

countrboy -> RE: Easter Front - Day by Day (6/22/2020 11:01:36 PM)

Very interesting.

A couple of things come to mind:
- OKW needs to spend more time on the Matrix forums as they failed to close the Lvov pocket thereby losing WWII
- the presence of partisans seems much more significant/widespread than that encountered in WitE
- The Soviet 1941 winter offensive was much more effective in real life than seems manageable in WitE
- Germany is perhaps too strong in WitE as I am sure the vast majority of AARs shown Germany performing far better than in real life. Not that you want to be locked into a totally historical path, but perhaps there is a balance issue

Just my 2c.

56ajax -> RE: Easter Front - Day by Day (6/22/2020 11:39:25 PM)

Easter Front? Vatican invades hell? Thought we had gone religious.

Partisans in the game can only do one thing, or not, which is cut supply; no raiding, no theft, no damage to trucks, no need to garrison rails....I'm told WiTE2 does it better

Germany is too strong; probably but then the Axis fanboys will not play. To be fair to the game, it tries to average out losses to keep to the historical timeline; you do not get any sense of tanks running out of fuel and been captured; or an airbase being over run but due to the weather planes could not be flown out so destroyed on the ground.

Bozo_the_Clown -> RE: Easter Front - Day by Day (6/23/2020 12:42:26 AM)

quote:

Easter Front? Vatican invades hell? Thought we had gone religious.

[:D] I was asking for that one.

joelmar -> RE: Easter Front - Day by Day (6/23/2020 1:56:46 AM)

Vatican invades hell... [:D]

Very cool indeed, thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI