Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support

Cavalry Corp -> Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching (6/22/2020 9:17:12 AM)

Dear technical,

I have just started a new campaign of Italy 4345 as axis.

No problems before under the same patch.

Now I seem to have units that either entrench okay or they get stuck like for instance level 1/10% level 2/10% it's always 10%. These units are in the frontline or a long way behind the line it doesn't matter. Some units do not start entrenching at all. I do not remember this bug previously. What do you think? Some units are entrenching normally.

Joel Billings -> RE: Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching (6/22/2020 4:04:16 PM)

There are limits to building forts listed below. If units are adjacent to an enemy hex than they should be able to build up to level 3(10%). If you have a situation like this, please attach a save or email it to 2by3@2by3games.com and tell us what hex is not building correctly. Thanks.

15.3.2.2. Limits on Fortification Levels

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 5: Only will be built in hexes that have a fort unit and a port of at least size 4. Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 5 fortification. Not possible in a swamp hex.

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 4: Must have a fort unit in the hex and the hex must either be City/Urban/Heavy Urban terrain or contain a port (of any size). Once built, the fort unit is not needed to keep the level 4 fortification. Not possible in swamp hex.

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 3: Must either be 1) adjacent to an enemy hex, or 2) a City/Urban/Heavy Urban terrain hex, or 3) contain a port (of any size), or 4) contain a fortified zone unit in the hex. Once the level 3 is reached, the condition does not have to continue to be met to keep the level 3 fortification.

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 2: Must be a coastal hex (hex adjacent to a major sea, not just a lake).

Requirement to build up to Fortification Level 1: Must be within 20 hexes of an enemy unit. If a hex meets the requirement to build to a given level, it need not meet the requirements of the lower levels in order to build to the lower level (i.e. a hex that qualifies to be built to level 3 only needs to meet the Level 3 requirements in order to build to level 1, 2 or 3). Fortification levels that have reached their maximum fortification level for the hex may continue to build up to 10 percent towards the next fortification level.

Cavalry Corp -> RE: Italy campaign units not entrenching or stuck entrenching (6/23/2020 3:56:30 PM)

Noted let me review the situation in a couple of turns. I think the issue is maybe they were not adjacent to an enemy unit and not coastal. and did not have a fort unit. Thanks for coming back.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI