New Model Settings: "Phasing out" and "Reserve" (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback

zgrssd -> New Model Settings: "Phasing out" and "Reserve" (6/22/2020 8:37:22 AM)

Obsolete will get the Model out of the Construction list, but also force sets all existing subunits to Disallow.
Tolerated will keep subunits until there are replacements, but will not send them out if they are "the only thing we got".

I think we need a middle ground between those and the next less restrictive:
Phasing Out. This would remove the unit from the Build and reinforcements lists - but nothing more.
Maybe the unit should also be force-set to Tolerated (similar to Obsolete will force-set Disallow), but I am not perfectly sure about it. I feel like "Reserve" would be the top limit.

The Reserve would act like a lighter Tolerated. It would still prefer other troops to be send out. It will still replace them with better (suited) troops. But if those are all we got - off they go to the front!

If Phasing out uses Reserve, Obsolete should maybe be reduced to Tolerated. You could maybe add a Final Model setting: "Recall". Wich would act like Obsolete does now.

So Model settings would go:
Recall -> Obsolete -> Phasing Out -> Low -> Medium -> High -> Elite

While Unit TOE settings would go:
Disallowed -> Tolerated -> Reserve -> Allowed

MatthewVilter -> RE: New Model Settings: "Phasing out" and "Reserve" (6/22/2020 11:09:00 AM)

I'm not sure, I definitely do feel a lack of control in some cases but this ends up being an awful lot of settings.

Mostly I just wish you could set a model directly to "tolerated" to phase it out. As it is I have to manually set all my formations to "tolerate" low quality equipment so that I can set last year's model of buggy or w/e to "low" when it comes time to start rolling out next-gen gear.

zgrssd -> RE: New Model Settings: "Phasing out" and "Reserve" (6/22/2020 2:07:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MatthewVilter

I'm not sure, I definitely do feel a lack of control in some cases but this ends up being an awful lot of settings.

Mostly I just wish you could set a model directly to "tolerated" to phase it out. As it is I have to manually set all my formations to "tolerate" low quality equipment so that I can set last year's model of buggy or w/e to "low" when it comes time to start rolling out next-gen gear.

That would be solved by the proposed new Obsolete setting.
Current obsolete forces disallow for all units. New would just force "tollerate" for all units.

Generally this is aimed at allowing more management to happen on the Model level, less on the unit level.

MatthewVilter -> RE: New Model Settings: "Phasing out" and "Reserve" (6/22/2020 9:01:16 PM)

Yes I see...

I would definitely prefer to be using the system you have laid out here.

I'm not sure that it couldn't still be somehow streamlined a bit to help with onboarding new players but it already looks like a major Improvement.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI