"Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support

ydmatrix2 -> "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/18/2020 10:55:33 PM)

My regime has a 40% public economy bonus. This however has no visible effect on any production number anywhere I can see.

(Btw - note that this bonus is named in 3 different ways in various places:
"Public Economy Bonus" under "State Companies" regime feat in Profiles screen,
"Economical Bonus" in Reports=>Overviews=>Feats and Bonus overview,
"Public Production Bonus" in the *tooltip* of the same "Economical Bonus" line above)

As an example, an agridome that produces 200 food + 19% governor related bonus, but no "public economy bonus" anywhere.

[image]local://upfiles/72301/EE309C187A044A33A203D4A0AD07D73F.jpg[/image]

ydmatrix2 -> RE: "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/18/2020 10:58:14 PM)

The agridome production:
(also - note a typo on the right column with the production modifiers: Governer => Governor)

[image]local://upfiles/72301/77DE47EFCF5B4304B9620E56E80C659D.jpg[/image]

Vic -> RE: "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/19/2020 7:41:47 AM)

Thanks for raising this.

In fact the name is not only 3 times different, neither of them covers well what it does.

Fixed the nomenclatura in next Open Beta with a bonus, now called “Public Industrial Bonus” and applies only to public: Industry, Heavy Industry and Hi-Tech Industry.

Best wishes,
Vic

ydmatrix2 -> RE: "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/19/2020 12:38:28 PM)

quote:

Fixed the nomenclatura in next Open Beta with a bonus, now called “Public Industrial Bonus” and applies only to public: Industry, Heavy Industry and Hi-Tech Industry.

This sounds quite a harsh nerf relative to the current described benefit from this bonus.

Does this constriction also applies to the bonus provided by the "Double Shifts" faction stratagem?
And I'm pretty sure I remember one of the Cults giving public economy bonus?

Vic -> RE: "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/19/2020 1:39:51 PM)

Yes it does.

In fact its a case of the manual being wrong considering the strength of the effect.

For the next version I am leaving this as it is. But i'll take a second look later. You might be right it could use a little boost (maybe making the percentage from the regimeFeat lower, but expanding it to all public production)

Best wishes,
Vic

zgrssd -> RE: "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/19/2020 2:15:34 PM)

Having the Raw Material production fluctuate because it is affect by such a bonus (or penalty!) would be a serious issue. With a temporary one, you could jump from a huge surpluss to a huge deficit in 1 turn.
I do not mind if it only affecst IP, Machines and High Tech Parts anymore.

ydmatrix2 -> RE: "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/19/2020 2:25:21 PM)

quote:

Having the Raw Material production fluctuate because it is affect by such a bonus (or penalty!) would be a serious issue.

The public economy bonus from regime feats on Government profile path is very long term and gradual - not temporary. The public economy penalty from a the Eternity cult (which now gives a research boost with almost no actual downside due to the above constriction) is also long term and gradual.

The only temporary effect I can recall now is a faction stratagem "double shifts" which does exactly what it says - a one time one turn boost (which you don't rely on when planning/balancing your production dependencies).

Personally, I think this mostly kills the Government profile branch for me, except maybe the very first regime feat.

zgrssd -> RE: "Public Economy Bonus" has no effect. 1.03beta6 (6/19/2020 2:42:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ydmatrix2

quote:

Having the Raw Material production fluctuate because it is affect by such a bonus (or penalty!) would be a serious issue.

The public economy bonus from regime feats on Government profile path is very long term and gradual - not temporary. The public economy penalty from a the Eternity cult (which now gives a research boost with almost no actual downside due to the above constriction) is also long term and gradual.

The only temporary effect I can recall now is a faction stratagem "double shifts" which does exactly what it says - a one time one turn boost (which you don't rely on when planning/balancing your production dependencies).

Personally, I think this mostly kills the Government profile branch for me, except maybe the very first regime feat.

Raw Materials - particular metal - are useless without the IP to make them into something usefull.
And there is a bunch of stuff like roads that needs only IP.
Aside from a few edge cases early game or when I just lost a Metal Mine, I am usually way more constrained by the IP then the metal.

And hte Machine and High tech one just results in a better Conversion ratio (similar to how Agriculture makes Farms more water/food efficient).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02