Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

JJeffreyDonahue -> Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box (6/8/2020 7:23:35 PM)

Has anyone else noticed that if you mark units at sea sentry, not only are they not selectable during the stay at sea phase, they don't drop a box or return to base (unless they are in the zero box, neutral or are loaded TRS)? The Commonwealth can leave its fleet on patrol forever and not spend any oil. I think this is a rather serious bug.

Centuur -> RE: Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box (6/9/2020 1:56:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJeffreyDonahue

Has anyone else noticed that if you mark units at sea sentry, not only are they not selectable during the stay at sea phase, they don't drop a box or return to base (unless they are in the zero box, neutral or are loaded TRS)? The Commonwealth can leave its fleet on patrol forever and not spend any oil. I think this is a rather serious bug.

Can you post a gamesave. I can't recreate this one...

JJeffreyDonahue -> RE: Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box (6/9/2020 9:16:29 PM)

I will have to see if I can find something, or recreate it. Once I found that the game was doing this I quit marking units at sea as sentry except for convoy points.

JJeffreyDonahue -> RE: Naval units marked sentry do not drop a box (6/10/2020 10:04:16 AM)

I looked around and don't have any current saved files that feature the bug. The saved files I tried are working correctly. The bug happened on the first game I started playing after buying the game and downloading the latest update, which was about a month ago. When I caught the bug I fixed it by simply not marking anything at sea as sentry except convoy points. Therefore the last game and the current game never featured the bug because I never had sentry units at sea except for convoys. It might have been related to the optional rules I selected for the first game, which are somewhat different than what I have used since. I don't think I was using Limited Overseas Supply during the first game but have used it since then. I know this isn't much help but I don't have any saved files from the first game that had the bug and I can't recreate it with the current game or the last game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02