How to capture a port when you control the city? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> War Room

Pudge701 -> How to capture a port when you control the city? (5/29/2020 1:53:16 AM)

I'm fairly new at this. I captured a port city, but there was an enemy ship in the city's port, so that remained enemy controlled. By the next turn the enemy ship had left, but I can't figure out how to capture the port.

The city itself and two adjacent land hexes are the only hexes I control in the area, if that matters. It was a one corps invasion behind enemy lines just to make them react to it and hopefully pull forces from the front. Vs. the AI, not a human opponent.

BillRunacre -> RE: How to capture a port when you control the city? (5/29/2020 1:45:08 PM)

Hopefully the port will have become yours in the next turn?

Pudge701 -> RE: How to capture a port when you control the city? (5/29/2020 11:53:48 PM)

It didn't change the turn immediately after they left, because it's my turn and they're gone but still control the port. Maybe in one more turn.

Unless I killed the navel unit in that hex this turn and I just don't remember it? I don't think so, but in the lack of any other explanation...

Thanks for the response.

Pudge701 -> RE: How to capture a port when you control the city? (5/30/2020 3:21:57 PM)

It resolved itself, but I'm not sure when. Before I ran another turn. I suspect it fixed itself when I reloaded the game save and I just didn't notice right away.

BillRunacre -> RE: How to capture a port when you control the city? (6/1/2020 10:55:41 AM)

Thanks, glad to hear it resolved itself.

Dazo -> RE: How to capture a port when you control the city? (9/27/2020 3:37:54 PM)

A bit late but for that problem, you basically need to move out of the hex you occupy adjacent to the port and then back to an hex adjacent to the port for the game to update on the same turn.
You can see that as spending some time to clear the port and/or rebuild necessary things to be able to use it (enemy would have destroyed what it can before escaping and left some mines/traps behind).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
2.148438E-02