File with Equipment Silhouettes? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Mods and Scenarios

76mm -> File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/17/2020 3:15:57 PM)

Could anyone tell me the name of the file with the equipment silhouettes (used in the equipment editor) and which folder it is in?

Also, any tricks to editing it? For instance, is it possible to change the tooltips that show up in the equipment editor?

larryfulkerson -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/17/2020 3:20:14 PM)

I've attached the Equipment256.zip here below. It's a png file that this forum doesn't support uploading so I've zipped it up. Enjoy.

Lobster -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/17/2020 5:33:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm
Also, any tricks to editing it? For instance, is it possible to change the tooltips that show up in the equipment editor?

Every string in the game is located in EnglishGameText.xml in The Operational Art of War IV main folder.

Example: <s_1723 t="AIRBORNE_ANTIAIRCRAFT_ICON_STRING" v="Parachute Anti Air"/>

I use XMLPad to edit.

76mm -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/17/2020 6:30:17 PM)

Great, thank you guys very much!

Working on yet another East Front equipment database!

cathar1244 -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/18/2020 4:27:20 AM)

quote:

Also, any tricks to editing it?

Watch out for the transparency. You probably have a paint program that handles this okay, my older Neopaint software doesn't handle the transparency.

Keep us updated re: your equipment database. I'm messing around with a western front scenario and making some equipment changes.

Cheers

76mm -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/18/2020 1:15:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cathar1244
Watch out for the transparency. You probably have a paint program that handles this okay, my older Neopaint software doesn't handle the transparency.

Thanks; so far it has been much easier than I expected to create new icons. Easy, but time-consuming. I use Paint Shop Pro.

76mm -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/20/2020 8:23:01 PM)

So it looks like the Equipment256.png file isn't picked up if you put it in the scenario's subfolder in the Graphics Override directory--is that right? So we have to put in into the main game's graphics folder? I've got it working there but not in Graphics override.

cathar1244 -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/21/2020 4:46:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

So it looks like the Equipment256.png file isn't picked up if you put it in the scenario's subfolder in the Graphics Override directory--is that right? So we have to put in into the main game's graphics folder? I've got it working there but not in Graphics override.

I've got it working in a scenario subfolder of the Graphics Override directory. Odd.

Cheers

76mm -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/21/2020 11:01:57 AM)

strange...I need to double-check after a couple of installs I think I have multiple graphics subfolder directories, maybe I put it in the wrong one. Thanks for the tip.

[EDIT] OK, duh, did myself one better--I put the wrong equipment256.file into the right folder, now it is working. Thanks again.

BTW, I like how my new icons are turning out...so far I've made them for an ATR, MG-34, PAK 36, PAK 40, PAK 43, 75mm leIG, SIG33, 88mm, and a few armored cars, half-tracks and Soviet tractors (sexy!). That said, it is a tedious process and I don't think I'll make very many more.

Let me know if anyone wants the draft Equipment256 file or the underlying image files.

cathar1244 -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/21/2020 1:30:58 PM)

I'd be interested in seeing both the .png and the underlying image files.

Re: Tedious. Personally I would prefer those images be individual files kept in their own folder, with no limit on how many could exist.

Cheers

76mm -> RE: File with Equipment Silhouettes? (5/21/2020 2:12:10 PM)

OK, send me your e-mail via PM, I forget if I already have it!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.884766E-02