Submarine - Submarine combat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Scenario Design and Modding

The Land -> Submarine - Submarine combat (5/13/2020 6:05:04 PM)

Just checking.... is it possible to make it possible for submarines to be able to attack other submarines?

BillRunacre -> RE: Submarine - Submarine combat (5/14/2020 12:54:30 PM)

No, they cannot be used to attack each other.

The Land -> RE: Submarine - Submarine combat (5/14/2020 6:36:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

No, they cannot be used to attack each other.

I thought that might be the case - thanks for clarifying!

Any chance this could be made moddable in a future release? Just in case anyone decided to make, say, a 1980s-style scenario? :)

seydlitz22513 -> RE: Submarine - Submarine combat (9/15/2020 10:03:59 AM)

Talking of submarines, what I would love to see in the editor would be a second Submarine type, so that more modern scenarios could be created.

In order to create a modern scenario subs would need at least a second unit type:

SSBN : Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine

SSN : Nuclear Attack Submarine

SS: Conventional Submarine

I know it very unlikely to ever be available in the editor but we can always dream.

The Land -> RE: Submarine - Submarine combat (9/15/2020 10:50:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: seydlitz22513

Talking of submarines, what I would love to see in the editor would be a second Submarine type, so that more modern scenarios could be created.

In order to create a modern scenario subs would need at least a second unit type:

SSBN : Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarine

SSN : Nuclear Attack Submarine

SS: Conventional Submarine

I know it very unlikely to ever be available in the editor but we can always dream.

Actually I gave this some thought and I think it's possible to reflect the full variety with only one submarine unit.

You can have one Advanced Subs tech reflecting the general technological level.
Then you can have one Nuclear Propulsion tech that increases their APs
And a Guided Missiles tech that affects surface unit attack (and maybe gives long-range strikes, but I've not tested whether that is possible with the SS unit type)

That gives you all of SS, SSN, SSG, SSGN - if you wanted to reflect strategic weaponry then you could have SSB and SSBN instead.

seydlitz22513 -> RE: Submarine - Submarine combat (9/15/2020 12:48:38 PM)

Very interesting suggestion, I'm now starting to test the theory. I changed Rocket tech to Guided Missile and Mobility tech to Nuclear Propulsion.[:)]

seydlitz22513 -> RE: Submarine - Submarine combat (9/15/2020 2:05:38 PM)

Update on testing changing Tech does indeed work for Submarines etc, still some teething troubles but it is a major step forward when it comes to creating modern-day Campaigns, so far happy with the initial test. I would post an image but there appear to be gremlins in the works of my forum page.[&:]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI