Reason for Axis to take out Sweden (need experts)? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

jzardos -> Reason for Axis to take out Sweden (need experts)? (4/20/2020 12:18:21 AM)

Just wondering if it makes any sense for the Germans to try and conquer Sweden after France and Yugo gone? They are already getting 25 pp from Sweden, so maybe there really no insensitive? Spain seems even a worse choice for an axis conquest in this game.

RPKUPK -> RE: Reason for Axis to take out Sweden? (4/20/2020 12:22:55 AM)

Use diplomacy points on one or both.

jzardos -> RE: Reason for Axis to take out Sweden? (4/20/2020 3:25:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RPKUPK

Not playing with diplomacy. Anybody else?

jzardos -> RE: Reason for Axis to take out Sweden? (4/20/2020 3:27:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RPKUPK

Also this is crazy talk. one or both? Dude, Sweden is at 35% in my game, you playing some sort of axis mod you made that gives you Sweden starting at 90%? Do you know how much, if lucky to get a bump, a successful diplomacy gets you? I do. Go check it out.

jzardos -> RE: Reason for Axis to take out Sweden? (4/20/2020 3:33:02 AM)

Think I need to clarify my original question..

If Sweden is taken by military action in late 40, does the effort and lost production (combat loses) make it worth it?

I see Sweden worth 50pp (30 iron ore and 20 Stockholm). Right now Germany is getting 25 a turn, so the extra 25 a turn starting in early 41 should be worth it? Also, the travel of the pp would be a safer route? I don't see it increasing the US or Soviet tensions for them to enter the war earlier.

Did I make some false assumptions here?

PanzerMike -> RE: Reason for Axis to take out Sweden? (4/20/2020 4:48:50 AM)

Conquering resources does not give you the full value. You get 1/3 of the value, compared to the real owner.

jzardos -> RE: Reason for Axis to take out Sweden? (4/20/2020 6:54:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PanzerMike

Conquering resources does not give you the full value. You get 1/3 of the value, compared to the real owner.

So if this it true, Germany would only receive 50/3 = 16pp for conquering Sweden which would be 9pp lower than the 25pp they receive from their current trade deal. Is that what you are telling me? That seems more than awkward.

But they would gain a strategic resources with the iron ore? Not sure how much that modifier is. Would have to check the manual.

PanzerMike -> RE: Reason for Axis to take out Sweden? (4/20/2020 7:26:47 AM)

Strat resource is 1 percent increase in PP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02