[Feedback Required] Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

Vahilior -> [Feedback Required] Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (4/16/2020 9:25:37 PM)

Issue: My Screen and sound freeze for one second, every 16 seconds (exactly) whilst the game is running.

Details: This occurs continuously whilst the game is running, irrespective of scenario or activities, whether the game is paused or running and even if the game is minimized. Nothing effects the duration or length of the freezing.

I am using a 4k screen which may be relevant as this seems to cause an enormous number of issues for Command. An additional potential factor may be that I use 2x 980Ti's in SLI.

Very weird issue and would appreciate and suggestions or advice, many thanks.

Attempted Fixes:

Changing screen resolution
All the suggested Display/UI fixes in the "Steam Command Issues"

System Details:

I have tried to post DXDiag details and the game version number here but if I do I get an error message saying I'm not allowed to post emails or phone numbers...

thewood1 -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (4/16/2020 9:30:02 PM)

I have had numerous issues with games while using SLI. Especially older games. Have you tried with SLI off?

Vahilior -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (4/16/2020 9:47:39 PM)

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately this had no effect.

Rory Noonan -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (4/22/2020 7:33:26 AM)

Logged for investigation.

Dimitris -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (4/22/2020 10:00:46 AM)

Hi,

If your 4K setup is also causing other issues (let me guess: wierd layout of UI elements? Humongous buttons semi-covering the main menu?), this is a strong indication that the automatic 4K adjustment has not been done successfully in your case.

Can you try to follow the equivalent manual steps as explained in here: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4190908

...and let us know if this solves the UI layout issues. This may well also be the culprit for the wierd regular hiccup that you are describing.

Please let us know. Thanks!

Vahilior -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (4/23/2020 1:55:49 PM)

Thank you for the advice, I wasn't having any UI issues but I've followed the steps laid out on the link. The steps for fixing UI issues didn't have any effect.

Reducing my screen resolution back down to 1920x1080 in the OS settings did stop the hiccup issue, although of course this is more a work around than a fix.

Dimitris -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (5/12/2020 12:50:59 PM)

Can you please give this a try: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4807452

Vahilior -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (5/16/2020 8:19:12 AM)

After running 4KFix.exe it gave me the message:

"Command.exe appears to already be properly configured for high dpi environment."

After running Command there is no change and the freezing still takes place as before.

Dimitris -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (5/16/2020 8:20:36 AM)

There is definitely something system-specific going on in your rig, but I can't figure out what it is.....

Ideas, anyone?

Dimitris -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (5/16/2020 8:21:50 AM)

Just for completeness, let's go through the usual suspects:

* Is the OS fully updated? Graphics drivers updated? Direct-X 9 installed?
* Is Command running as admin? (ie. prompting you "are you sure you want to run this program" when you launch it)
* Are Steam overlays disabled for Command?
* Is Direct-Write disabled on the Steam client?
* Are all other applications (and especially hardware-helper apps like MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner etc.) shut down?
* Are you using Norton antivirus? (This POS is very frequently silently blocking file updates)

Dimitris -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (6/2/2020 6:04:42 PM)

Any update on this?

Dimitris -> RE: Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (6/10/2020 12:04:59 PM)

bump

Steve McClaire -> RE: [Feedback Required] Screen and Sound freeze every 16 seconds (8/14/2020 7:20:30 PM)

Hi vahilior -- just trying to follow up on this issue with you. Please let me know if you've tried the most recent suggestions and what effect they may have had on the problem? Thanks!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI