I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Tech Support

dpabrams -> I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/20/2020 7:17:38 PM)

When using the pop down menu after selecting a unit I have lost the Limited Attack and plan attack options? What setting controls these options?

Thanks

Curtis Lemay -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/20/2020 10:11:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dpabrams

When using the pop down menu after selecting a unit I have lost the Limited Attack and plan attack options? What setting controls these options?

Thanks

See that your "Menu Show Delay" is set to 1.

dpabrams -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/20/2020 10:30:15 PM)

Still no, and as you can see I get the nice black box but I can fix that.

[image]local://upfiles/15939/6921AFABED7F4D6CB5EAC05D309B306D.jpg[/image]

TheeWarLord -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 12:12:33 AM)

Would the battle plan panel be useful till you figure out the drop down menu?

Shadrach -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 12:16:43 AM)

You need to right-click an enemy unit while a friendly is selected [:D]

dpabrams -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 2:46:07 AM)

Negitive, it worked at first but does not anymore?

Shadrach -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 10:18:13 AM)

Your screenshot clearly shows you right-clicking a friendly unit [&:]

dpabrams -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 1:03:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheeWarLord

Would the battle plan panel be useful till you figure out the drop down menu?

I use it but it's not the same because I the combat planner assaults with whatever loss allowance you have selected for each unit, I believe.

dpabrams -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 1:30:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shadrach

That's the menu pop down shown after left clicking to select a friendly unit and then right clicking on said unit. So after lots of clicking and setting up numerous attacks I have determined that somewhere along the line the "limited attack" option has disappeared completely from the pop down menu.There are a lot of settings in the game and I have had to adjust some on the tool tip to stop the "black boxes" but I wouldn't think this would effect the pop down menu? Si I can only wonder if some setting, somewhere removed the option for limited attacks?

Lobster -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 2:23:39 PM)

Yeah you changed something. For the black box all you need to change is TOOLL TIP show delay and TOOL TIP hide delay. It doesn't really fix the black box it just keeps it from showing so fast and if it does show it goes away immediately.

I'll bet you also changed the MENU show delay. Keep that number low and the menu will come up faster when right clicking an enemy unit.

dpabrams -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 2:45:51 PM)

I did a reinstall added the patch and did direct X update this time (I swear I had the latest but probably not)ID10T error. All is working properly know. I like how windows left all my scenarios and database additions and edits in. Pretty smooth!

Curtis Lemay -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 2:53:18 PM)

quote:

quote:

That's the menu pop down shown after left clicking to select a friendly unit and then right clicking on said unit.

What Shadrach is saying is that you have to right click on the enemy unit you want to attack to get those options. Are you doing that?

dpabrams -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/21/2020 3:36:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

quote:

What Shadrach is saying is that you have to right click on the enemy unit you want to attack to get those options. Are you doing that?

Yes, I was but I obviously changed a setting that removed limited attacks from the pop down. I have reinstalled and thus regained the ability.

dpabrams -> RE: I seem to have lost "Limited Attack" ability (3/24/2020 2:57:28 AM)

Disregard, I have to hover longer over the attack hex to get the menu.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI