Accidentally moved the panel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

countrboy -> Accidentally moved the panel (3/6/2020 6:09:09 AM)

Hi, I somehow moved the main panel (the 4x4 one) into the middle of my screen and I don't know how to move it back! Help!

MonkeysBrain2 -> RE: Accidentally moved the panel (3/6/2020 7:32:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: countrboy

Hi, I somehow moved the main panel (the 4x4 one) into the middle of my screen and I don't know how to move it back! Help!

LOL don't know but just to say one small objections on TOAW 4 it is ecellent product but UI could be more frendly and scrolling esp. down is sometimes hard because ypu gotta chase pixels to actually scroll down screen. It could be more user friendly.
I say Ralph is excellent programmer and have done tremendous job but this scrolling thing was annoying. Now I have adopted myself but UI should be improved. I understand the problem it is code old more than 20 years old but basics should be put right now Total War comes into my mind how they always put UI right and accessible. No more rant from me!

countrboy -> RE: Accidentally moved the panel (3/6/2020 9:28:07 AM)

Scrolling is so annoying. I wish it was done like in War in the East.

Anyway, if someone can tell me how to move that panel out the way I would be really grateful.

Shadrach -> RE: Accidentally moved the panel (3/6/2020 9:57:07 AM)

Have you tried restarting the game? [;)]
The game won't remember the state of the panels.

Yes, you could place your cursor *carefully* just on the outside of the panel, and try to drag it around, but it's really really fiddly and doesn't always work.

countrboy -> RE: Accidentally moved the panel (3/6/2020 10:39:09 AM)

Thanks Shadrach, will give it a go. It happened while my palm was resting on the touchpad, doh.

larryfulkerson -> RE: Accidentally moved the panel (3/6/2020 2:32:13 PM)

There's an invisible "grab area" just above the panel. It's not very wide so one must be careful but you can grab it with your mouse and move the panel to where ever you'd like. Be advised that TOAW doesn't remember where you've put your panels from one session to the next and I've found out that zooming up and down will reset your panels were before you moved them. It's agravating when that happens. I've found that having the mini-map just below the buttons panel allows me to work my turns slightly faster and that the air report panel can be dispensed with entirely. You may want to turn your panels slightly see-through so you don't always have to move them to see what's underneath. I wish there were a way to save your "configuration" from one session to the next. Hint, hint development team.

Hellen_slith -> RE: Accidentally moved the panel (3/6/2020 4:09:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: countrboy

Scrolling is so annoying. I wish it was done like in War in the East.

I use the "arrow" keys on the numpad to scroll, mostly.

(the "9" key goes northeast, "1" goes southwest, etc.)

"hiding" city names also makes that go much faster. Also, on "huge" maps, the "jump" map is very helpful.

Much easier than trying to "grab" the edge of the map w/ mouse,
and much faster w/ larger maps that way

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02