Command Line Switches (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

LeeChard -> Command Line Switches (2/10/2020 1:39:34 PM)

Seems to me I remember a thread that explained what each of the command line switches did.
Can somebody point me in the right direction?

Kull -> RE: Command Line Switches (2/10/2020 1:51:10 PM)

readme.rtf in the root directory has many, but not all. The newer ones are in WhatsNew.pdf (same directory).

LeeChard -> RE: Command Line Switches (2/11/2020 5:10:55 AM)

Sorry Kull, I should have been more specific.
I am referring to the start up properties:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3

I recently bought a new desktop computer and am new to win10.
I have changed to this setting and the game runs well except during night turns.
If I play with 'combat summaries' on I get noticeable lag when click off an event.
Only on the night turns.

BBfanboy -> RE: Command Line Switches (2/11/2020 6:02:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -altFont -archive -deepColor -px1920 -py1080 -fixedArt -skipVideo -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -cpu3

I have changed to this setting and the game runs well except during night turns.
If I play with 'combat summaries' on I get noticeable lag when click off an event.
Only on the night turns.

I also have a lag in the night phase only - not sure why. Some suggested the -dd_sw switch fixes this but when I used that switch I got intolerable jittery graphics when I displayed a unit or base screen, so I just put up with the night phase lag and do other chores while waiting for the action to start.

Just remembered, I also was able to speed up the night phase by reducing the time for display of general messages to 0.5 seconds. However, this was too fast to catch some important stuff during the naval movement phase so I had to bump it up to one second. It is primarily the coastwatcher phase that causes me grief because I have captured a lot of enemy bases and the coast watchers report imaginary shipping at every one!

LeeChard -> RE: Command Line Switches (2/11/2020 10:40:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LeeChard

Only on the night turns.

I also have a lag in the night phase only - not sure why. Some suggested the -dd_sw switch fixes this but when I used that switch I got intolerable jittery graphics when I displayed a unit or base screen, so I just put up with the night phase lag and do other chores while waiting for the action to start.

Just remembered, I also was able to speed up the night phase by reducing the time for display of general messages to 0.5 seconds. However, this was too fast to catch some important stuff during the naval movement phase so I had to bump it up to one second. It is primarily the coastwatcher phase that causes me grief because I have captured a lot of enemy bases and the coast watchers report imaginary shipping at every one!

I had a similar experience with background screen popping through on to my game screen. Very irritating [:@]
Removing the -dd -sw switch solved that. The night lag isn't a game breaker for me either.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02