Elite reinforcements. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I

stormbringer3 -> Elite reinforcements. (1/12/2020 2:54:30 PM)

Do they add to the combat power or just add to the strength number making them harder to kill?
Thanks.

The Land -> RE: Elite reinforcements. (1/13/2020 12:24:14 PM)

Combat effectiveness is basically the higher of strength and supply, modified by morale, experience and HQ ratings.

Elite reinforcements will not add to your combat effectiveness unless you are in a situation where your supply is above 10 (next to a capital, for instance). But they will keep your combat effectiveness higher for longer as you will take more casualties before your readiness becomes strength-limited rather than supply-limited. And there are knock-on effects from having higher morale for longer.

So it's kind of half and half, it's not just that the unit 'takes longer to die', it will be more effective for longer in an attritional warfare situation.

gamer78 -> RE: Elite reinforcements. (1/13/2020 2:10:56 PM)

I suspect readiness does matter. In my last pbem game WW2 at war- German tanks have very low supply and morale but good readiness (maybe form leaders) were still very effective.

I think morale has limit doesn't go above 100% even with elite reinforcements.

Dalwin -> RE: Elite reinforcements. (1/13/2020 8:44:09 PM)

Most units rarely get an experience medal or keep it for long since experience lost to replacements tends to outpace experience gains from combat. Elite reinforcements lets you improve this situation, especially if the elite unit is not the first one in during a massed assault. Soften them up a bit with green troops first before sending in your elites.

IMO, it does make a noticeable difference.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.369141E-02