Bombing and recon (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

superhans -> Bombing and recon (1/10/2020 1:55:29 PM)

Bombing: does NOT hitting targets directly (displayed in the results box) still offer any unseen benefits like repression or disruption etc? or do we only reap the benefits when the feedback gives us actual stats. I'm also wondering if there are any pre/post recon benefits like in WitW? how does that work if there are no actual recon mission set yet AI has instant info on airfield or port % hits?
Playing Guadalcanal campaign
Cheers.
[&o]

HansBolter -> RE: Bombing and recon (1/10/2020 2:28:18 PM)

Both bombing and bombarding targets suppress morale recovery, suppress fatigue recovery and suppress disruption recovery as a baseline and can also increase/decrease those stats as well. The way to see this is to monitor those stats on your own units who are suffering daily bombings and bombardments. The same thing is happening to the enemy as a result of your bombings and bombardments.

These are the unseen effects not included in combat reports that make daily bombing and bombarding well worth the effort even if reported casualties make the efforts seem worthless.

Bombing missions raise target DL by 2, the same benefit derived from reconning the target with a non-recon aircraft type.
Reconning a target with a recon type aircraft raises DL by 4.

This makes it a good idea to recon the targets you are bombing with recon type aircraft. The recon missions may not always precede the bombing missions, but when they do, the increased DL of the target upon arrival of the bombing mission will improve the bombing results.

superhans -> RE: Bombing and recon (1/10/2020 2:41:13 PM)

V. good answer!
Thanks a lot. I will maintain the pressure!

RangerJoe -> RE: Bombing and recon (1/10/2020 5:55:35 PM)

Every attack on a unit also increases supply usage. I believe by 10%.

dasboot1960 -> RE: Bombing and recon (1/10/2020 10:12:23 PM)

with fog of war on, SHE LIES! (and omits)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.100586E-02